Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday 9

Endless Summer

1) The best-selling Beach Boys album of all time is this two disc greatest hits compilation. Do you have favorite Beach Boys song?
I actually think I own this LP set.... There are so many good songs by these guys. I'll go with "Good Vibrations" with the option to change my mind if I think of a different one later.
2) The original members of the group were the Wilson brothers, their cousin Mike and a friend from the neighborhood. Have you ever worked with a family member?
I worked with/for my dad a bit when I was quite young, but otherwise no. I'm pretty sure my siblings and I would have killed each other, and, while Beast and I work ok together on projects, I don't think we could work a job together.
3) Originally released in the mid-1970s, Endless Summer was one of the first fast-selling albums sold on TV. Have you ever picked up the phone and purchased anything directly from TV?
I have not.
4) The Beach Boys are very popular in Australia. Have you ever been Down Under?
Not yet. Someday I hope to.
5) Actor John Stamos played bongos on the Beach Boys' hit, "Kokomo." In his younger days, Stamos was Blackie on the daytime drama, General Hospital. Have you ever followed a soap opera?
I watched GH when Demi Moore was on it; I think Stamos was there too, towards the end of my interest. And my college roommate was a big DOOL fan in the 80s and I was occasionally trapped by that, and then a coworker who insisted on watching it when she was at lunch. I tried hard to not schedule my lunch at the same time, and not only because of that.
6) Many Beach Boys songs revolve around the surf. How are you on a surf board?
Uh, yeah, the whole swim thing...no. Moving on....
7) Would you prefer summer to be endless? Or do you enjoy the changing seasons?
I like seasonal change, but I'm not a huge fan of bitter winter.
8) Do your summer 2013 plans include a trip to a waterpark?
Nope. Never.
9) Describe your swimsuit.
I think there are two in my dresser, probably neither of which fit me anymore. They're at least 6 or 7 years old. I haven't worn either of them in eons. Should probably just toss 'em.

1 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

If you can fit into a suit from 7 years ago, you're a better woman than I. I don't think I could get one of my old suits over my thighs. (Grumble, grumble.)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.