Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
(Amazing) Just the Way You Are

1) This song is about a girl who can't accept how pretty she is. How do you respond to compliments? Do you accept them graciously, or do you get embarrassed?
Depends on who is doing the complimenting and on what. I'm better than I used to be. "Thank you" is sufficient, I've found.
2) Bruno says he takes inspiration from a variety of musical styles -- everything from rock to reggae to hip hop. What kind of music do you listen to most often?
I'm like Bruno--except for the young, male, adorable, Hawaiian, and musically talented parts--and like a little of everything. One of these days I'll copy and paste my Spotify favorites here. Just so's ya know, though: this song is on that list.
3) Bruno's uncle was a professional Elvis impersonator, and as a little boy Bruno also performed on stage as the King. When you picture Elvis, do you think of early rock'n'roll Elvis from the 1950s, Technicolor Hollywood Elvis of the 1960s, or the rhinestone jumpsuit Elvis who performed in Las Vegas?
I generally try to focus on the young, naive, and gorgeous version.
4) Bruno plays several instruments onstage, including piano, guitar and congas. What instruments can you play?
Flute, handbells, and I can pick out a tune on a piano, albeit slowly.
5) Bruno is touring all over the country this summer. What's the last concert you attended?
U2's 360 tour. It was a great show. Getting in and out -- not so super, but the opening act was great, and so was the main attraction.
6) Unlike some other stars, Bruno doesn't demand a lot of luxuries on the road, but he did admit to TMZ that he insists Wet Wipes be provided for his dressing room. If you could ask your boss for anything, anything at all, to make your workplace more comfortable, what would you request?
We'll start with the big one: my own office. Since that's unlikely, the follow-up would be to put me somewhere quieter that doesn't involve the a/c blowing on my neck all summer. Oh, and clean ductworks. Twelve years in the building and they've never been cleaned: you should see the walls and ceilings around the openings....ugh.
7) Rumors are flying that Bruno might become a judge on American Idol. Are you an Idol fan? Do you watch any of the other "talent search" shows -- The Voice, America's Got Talent, The X Factor, etc.?
I do not watch any of these. I hate Simon Cowell, and the rest are just copies of the first, and I would really like to see something original. Like, hey, bring back variety shows!
8) Bruno is an unapologetic cigarette smoker. Do you smoke? Have you quit? Or did you never start?
I did not know he smoked...tobacco anyway. Nope, no dark and smoky history for me. For which I am (now) very grateful, since I'm sure I'd never be able to quit.
9) Billy Joel also had a hit with the title "Just the Way You Are." If we were going to do karaoke, which version would you sing -- Billy's or Bruno's?
I know Billy's better. I like them both, but I have to give Billy the nostalgia points as well as a little more depth of meaning. Also, I don't think I can do Bruno's falsetto.

3 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

Oh! You bring up a good point! Bruno's song has many, many high parts. And I agree with you totally about Elvis.

Kwizgiver said...

Good call on the falsetto! I'm dreading the crowd at Sting, but to have him just 2 and a half hours away, well, that's once in a lifetime!!

I am Harriet said...

I don't watch any of that stuff either.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.