Friday, May 31, 2013

be thou my vision

(From http://surveys.livejournal.com/)

1. Do you want a boyfriend or girlfriend? Starting with a superb question...I'm married. So, no. Well, to be clear, I have lots of friends who are either men or women. And some kids--male and female--who are friends.

3. Are you a jealous person? Not particularly.

4. Are you tired right now? It's Friday night, so yeah, I kind of am. It's been a long week.

5. Do you chew on your straws? Not anymore.

6. Have you ever been called a tease? Not in a sexual way, no.

7. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight? Sheeesh, no. I've done about 36, a couple of times.

8. Do you cry easily? Not like I used to, but still yes, more than I'd like.

9. What should you be doing right now? I don't know. I think I'm due for chillaxing tonight for a couple of hours. Though I need to remember to water plants indoors and out before I go to bed.

10. Are you a heavy sleeper? Sometimes. Well, usually.

11. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months? Fuck . Right . Off. July is my 27th wedding anniversary.

12. Are you mad at someone right now? Nah. Mildly irritated, perhaps.

13. Do you believe in love? I plead the Fifth. I do believe in magic, in a young man's heart.

14. What makes you laugh no matter what? Baby giggles.

15. Who was the last person you talked to? Beast and Sparky are here in the room with me, so one or the other of them.

16. Do you get butterflies around the person you like? See #11.

17. Will you get married? Do bears shit in the woods? I'm unlikely to marry anyone but Beast.

18. When was the last time you smiled? A few minutes ago, I think.

19. Does anyone like you? Nope. I'm universally hated.

20. Do you secretly like someone? Nope. While being hated, I've also managed to age past adolescence.

21. Who was the first person you talked to today? Beast.

22. Who do you feel most comfortable talking to about anything? Beast. Or Amy.

23. What are you NOT looking forward to? I can't think of anything I'm really dreading. Old age, I guess.

24. What ARE you looking forward to? Anniversary vacation? Birthday vacation?

25. Has someone of the opposite sex ever told you they loved you, and meant it? ...aaaaand back to #11.

26. Suppose you see your ex kissing another person what would you do? My EX? Why in the hell would I care??

27. Do you plan on moving out within the next year? Out of....? No, I don't think it's my year to move.

28. Are you a forgiving person? Mostly. I have a hard time forgetting some things, but I do try to forgive.

29. How many TRUE friends do you have? I consider less than half a dozen people close friends.

30. Do you fall for people easily? I like people instantly (or not), but I'm not so sure about falling for them....

31. Have you ever fallen for your ex's best friend? Uh, no. I did have a crush on my high school boyfriend's brother, though. Close enough?

32. What's the last thing you put in your mouth? Diet Dr. Pepper.

33. Who was the last person you drove with?Probably Beast, last Monday.

34. How late did you stay up last night and why? I was asleep by 11 at the latest.

35. If you could move somewhere else, would you? Yes. And I will. Someday.

36. Who was the last person you took a picture of? Sparky. Need to take another one since he just picked up new glasses today. Total nerd look.

37. Can you live a day without TV? Sure. I do it pretty regularly.

38. When was the last time you were extremely disappointed? Sparky's grades were disappointing (again) this last semester.

39. Three names you go by? Mom, Cat., my first name.

40. Are you currently in a relationship? ....roll baaaaaaaaaack up to #11..... Plus I know a lot of people too.

41. What is your all-time favorite romance movie? huh Probably "Pretty Woman."

42. Do you believe that everyone has a soul-mate? Nope.

43. What's your current problem? Don't be a hater, dude.

44. Have you ever had your heart broken? Yup. Life's like that.

45. Your thoughts of long distance relationships? Beast travels about 15 days a month every month. We've adjusted. Mostly.

46. How many kids do you want to have? One. One is good.

47. Have you ever found it hard to tell someone you like them? Of course, duhhh.

-----

Think of the person you’d like to be with the most right now. When did you last talk to them, in person? He's across the room....

Who was the last person you cried in front of & when? I actually don't remember. Probably Beast, maybe Sparky....

Did you have any unread text messages this morning when you woke up? Nope.

What side of the bed do you sleep on? Left.

What do you want right now? I do not know.

What were you doing at eight o'clock this morning? Getting set up at work.

What's your mood? Not bad.

Do you regret doing something today? Nope--today was a good day. Well, I could've eaten better, but otherwise....

Who is the last person you told a secret to? No clue.

What's irritating you right now? Some behaviors that just grate.

Who else is in the room with you? As I said before, Beast and Sparky.

Could you go out in public looking like you do now? Not--these are not public pants I'm wearing.

Do you like scary movies? Nope.

Plans for tonight? Pretty much doing it.

Did anything brighten up your day today? I got a lot of work done. We have a new toy for the public at work.

Do you ever think about someone and start crying? Yes.

Is there anything you should be doing right now? Right. I promise I'll get up and water the plants when this episode of "Deadliest Catch" is over.

Do you wish you could see somebody right this second? I can see people right this second!

Were you happy when you woke up? I wasn't particularly happy about having to get out of bed.

First thing you did this morning? Took out my earplugs.

Do you think anyone has feelings for you? Oh for fuck's sake....

Has someone ever told you they will love you forever? Yes.

Has anyone made you feel like crap lately for something they did? Yuppers. To be clear, there was guilt being shared out, and I did pick up some of it that I should've left laying on the ground.

When was the last time you took a nap? Monday. Or was it Sunday? Hmmm....Saturday.

Which do you prefer, to eat or sleep? Sleep.

Will you be up before 7 am tomorrow? I hope not. Maybe not much after that, though.

Is there someone that makes you happy every time you speak with them? Hmm, not so much.

Do you straighten your hair? When I blow-dry it, it's slightly less wing-dingy.

Who was the last person you held hands with? Beast.

Do you find it hard to trust others? No, if anything I'm too trusting.

Were you single on your last birthday? Nope, I've been in double digits for almost 40 years.

Do you ever think "what if" about anything? Yes, quite often.

Are you nice to everyone? I start with nice, and then see what happens.

Whose cell phone did you last use? Der, mine...?

Do you like cuddling? Sure. Unless it is hotter than blazes.

Who did you last hug? Beast.

What if someone physically hurt your best friend? I'd take 'em out.

Curse at a teacher before? Not to a teacher's face. In my head, yes, for sure.

-----

01: tell me the truth, what made you start liking the person you like right now? Good listening ear and smart, also funny as hell. And confident.

02: what on your body is hurting or bothering you? I need to trim my toenails and my usual back/shoulder thing is going on.

03: what was your last thought before going to bed last night? "I hope I can slee..." zzz

04: what are you listening to? "Deadliest Catch"

05: what's something you're not looking forward to? More repeated questions like this one.

06: where do you think your best friend is right now? One is sitting across the room, one is probably unpacking and trying to find where she packed stuff, and the other(s)....I have no idea.

07: have you kissed anybody in the last five days? Yup.

08: favorite song? Depends on the day. Kind having an "Amazing Grace" moment right now.

09: kiss on the first date? Depends a variety of factors.

10: is there one person you want to be with right now? Can someone just kill the person who wrote these?

11: are you seriously happy with where you are in life? "Seriously happy" seems like a contradiction in terms, but I guess I am pretty content.

12: is there something you would like to say to someone? Nope. I've used all my words for the day.

13: what are three things you did today? Learned how to use the fax/scanner/copier station (sort of), did all the end-of-month projects (except the ones that others haven't collected yet...hello, Baker & Taylor Automatically Yours, I'm talking to you, and to LoC's Subject Headings list people), and I, uh....oh, yeah, I finished an audiobook.

14: would you rather sleep at a friend's or have them over? All things being equal, and because of allergies, I'm more comfortable at home.

15: what is your favorite kind of gum? Peppermint.

16: are you friends with any of your ex-boyfriends / girlfriends? No, but primarily because they all live more than 900 miles away.

17: what is on your wrists right now? ...skiiinnnn...?

18: ever liked someone you thought you didn't stand a chance with? Of course.

19: does anyone have strong feelings for you? I'm sure SOMEone does. Probably the last person I pissed off at the reference desk.

20: are you slowly drifting away from someone? Well, it's not 'drift' more like 'natural progression'....

21: have you ever wasted your time on someone? Of course. This is how one learns how NOT to waste one's time.

22: can you do the alphabet in sign language? Hmm, I used to be able to. Don't think I can anymore. Maybe 90% of it.

23: how have you felt today? OK. Fat. Not good--tomorrow's weigh-in day.

24: you receive £60 without any reason, what do you spend it on? I sure as hell hope I'm in the U.K. when this happens. I'd probably buy some shoes at this point.

25: what is wrong with you right now? We . have . covered . this .

26: is there anyone you’re really disappointed in? Yup. I'll start with myself.

27: would you rather have starbucks or jamba juice right now? Neither, please-and-thank-you-very-much.

28: why aren't you in 'love' with your last ex anymore? There's that factor of having not seen any of 'em for decades.

29: how late did you stay up last night and why? See above. ...sigh...

30: when was the last time you talked to one of your best friends? Not very long.

31: what were you doing an hour ago? I'm pretty sure it's been an hour since I started this. Feels like it, for sure.

32: what are you looking forward to in the next month? Not much.

33: are you wearing jeans right now? Nope. Yoga pants.

34: are you a patient person? Not right now. In general, I am more patient now than I was a decade ago.

35: do you think you can last in a relationship for three months? ....if I had a brick and the hands of the person who wrote this....

36: favorite color? Blue.

37: did you have a dream last night? The only dream I remember involved the former bell-choir director and work with me, and a idiot patron bitching about how disorganized the shelves were at work, and then saying how much she wanted to work in a library because it seems like such a 'relaxing' job. FML

38: are you wearing jeans, shorts, sweatpants, or pajama pants? As a matter of fact, I have not changed clothes since #33.

39: if someone could be cuddling you right now, who would you want it to be? Beast. Or a baby.

40: do you love anyone who is not related to you? Sure. Loads of people.

41: if someone liked you right now, would you want them to tell you? Nope. Well, unless it was Beast. Or "like" as a friend: tell me any time.

42: do you like meeting new people? Sure.

43: are you afraid of falling in love? Nope.

44: ever self-harmed or starved yourself? I've fasted if that counts as "starving myself." Only for about 40 hours at a shot.

45: has anyone ever told you that you have pretty eyes? Uh, no. Because I do NOT have pretty eyes.

46: have you ever felt like you weren't good enough? Welcome to the first 30+ years of my life. And tendrils of that feeling still drift past semi-regularly.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.