Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday 13

(Link in meme-roll)
Long STRANGE week
  1. We have new furniture in the living room!! Woot woot! The pieces of the old furniture are still hanging around--in the dining room and kitchen--but we should be able to get rid of it pretty soon.

  2. I had a stupid misunderstanding at church after Sunday School with one of the other teachers. This resulted in me coming home and moving the person involved to my "acquaintances" list on Facebook, and blocking her posts from my feed. I'm just tired of forcing a relationship in which she's almost always antagonistic. Fuck her. She's incredibly immature and insipid.

  3. One of my best friends at work was in a car accident on Sunday. She's fine. The car needs substantial repairs after two dogs ran out onto the (country) road she was driving on. They hit the driver's side fender. One of them ended up dying. So my Buddhist-y friend is very sad.

  4. Beast has been home all week. He's back to traveling at least 2, usually 3, weeks per month.

  5. Monday. Our new librarian starts. Yay. Finally, and big yay.

  6. Also Monday. Boston. Holy shit. 

  7. Tuesday. Sparky's college campus went into lockdown for a couple of hours after anxious students reported a potential scary situation that turned out to be nothing much.

  8. Also Tuesday, a nearby city puts both its high school campuses in lockdown, apparently after some miscommunication about Sparky's college. The college and the town have exactly one letter in common, so I'm baffled about how that could happen. Whatever. Again. Nothing much except anxiety.

  9. Also-ALSO Tuesday. We find out at work that a kid who played Little League with Sparky and who came to our church youth group a couple of times about four years ago, whose family is well-known to everyone on staff for being wonderful in every way, has killed himself. We are all stunned. As in gasping for air, and blinking like bovines.

  10. I realize at some point that I do actually have homework for this *$&%ing class, but I don't give one shit about it. I'll throw something together tomorrow night.

  11. My annual review occurs. Kind of weird to be reviewed for the past year by someone who started about 2 months ago. The new boss remains totally awesome.

  12. A patron today came and asked me, while I was doing my shift at Reference, for help getting moved out of her niece's house. As in, she feels very threatened there, where they have told her to get out, and hasn't eaten in a couple of days, is diabetic, needs a small truck to put her stuff into move back in towards the Big City but can't afford it because her [state assistance] card hasn't arrived yet. She's in tears most of the afternoon off and on, and also on the phone trying different agencies I suggest, and contacting her City friends on Facebook....Eventually, a patron brings her some dinner from McDonald's and gives her a $20. When I leave, I give the librarian who works the evening $100 and tell her to just get the woman a hotel room if nothing else pans out.

  13. It has rained and been cloudy every day. The last two days have been very rain-foresty, and the Big City seems to be sinking as the rivers rise.
And we still have Friday to come....

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Wow. You did have a rather shitty week. I was off gallivanting and enjoying theater.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.