Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
You Belong with Me

1) Like the girl in this song, have you ever been in love with someone, but was [sic] afraid to tell them?
Welcome to adolescence!! I had a mad crush on a half-dozen guys a year (at least) every year of school at that age, but since I barely spoke to boys at that stage, there was nothing much passed along to any of them.
2) Taylor Swift has been known to write songs about her real-life lovers. If you were to write a song about the most recent person you were romantically involved with, what would the title be?
I wish I would have written "Sweetest Thing"--it's totally about Beast and me.
3) Ms. Swift recently turned 23 and has already won VMAs and AMAs and Grammys. What were you doing when you were 23? (If you aren't 23 yet, where do you see yourself when you hit it?)
I was going to grad school and trying to figure out marriage and living in a poky apartment with no A/C on a very busy street.
4) When you were a child, did you sleep with a plush toy? (If yes, please include its name in your answer.)
I did. I don't remember the names of the ones I had as a small child, though I think I was more into dolls at that point anyway. I had a Raggedy Ann doll then, I know. However, when I was older I had a 5-foot multicolored snake with obnoxiously long eyelashes. Yes, I am very much aware, now, of how wacko-Freudian that whole thing is. By the way, I think they snake's name was Snake.
5) I'm making a Starbucks run. What can I get you?
Just a croissant if you must. I don't drink coffee. Or chai, whatever-the-fuck that is.
6) It was 60 years ago that Clarence Birdseye first marketed frozen vegetables. Now it's your turn: Share something you learned recently
I learned today that in the 1980s in Oklahoma it was (briefly) legal to put to death someone who commits a crime while a under the age of 16. Yes. Seriously.
7) In junior high, were you class clown, teacher's pet, a geek, a jock ... or did you just melt into the background?
I was emphatically not a jock or a class clown. I was somewhere between a shy-know-it-all-slash-geek and teacher's pet.
8) Was your most recent ticket for parking illegally or was it a moving violation?
The last ticket I got was about two years ago when I drove my mini-truck into my neighbor's work truck which was parked in front of his house. That made the second ticket I was issued in my life.
9) Tell us about the last museum you visited.
Hmmm. I'm not at all sure I've been in a museum since we came back from our European trip a couple of years ago. I don't think we went to any museums in England, so I'll guess that our last museum was L'Accademia in Florence where we saw (among other things) Michelangelo's David.

1 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

I think Snake sounds charming!

Your answer to #6 gave me chills. I've always been opposed to the death penalty -- first on purely moral grounds, but now on more practical ones. In 1985, a friend of mine served on a jury whose decision resulted in the death penalty. And guess what, 10 years later the conviction was reversed -- turns out the defendant was innocent.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.