Saturday, December 8, 2012

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Blue Christmas

1) Do you ever suffer the blues during the holidays?
Yes, to a certain degree. They exhaust me eventually. And there is a lot of sadness that has happened from mid-November through the first of January in the past. So...yeah, and a lot of joy, too. I just try to keep focusing on the latter, but the former does flit in at times.
2) More than 18 million visitors have toured Elvis' home, Graceland. Have you ever been there?
Nope. Not interested in the least.
3) Elvis dyed his naturally light brown locks black. Do you dye your hair?
Not anymore. The gray is all real, folks!
4) He also insisted his young girlfriend, Priscilla, dye her hair jet black. If your lover asked you to change your hair, would you?
At this point in my life, no. Beast wouldn't ask me to; never has.
5) Elvis served his country at an Army base in Friedberg, Germany. Have you ever been to Germany?
Yes I have. To an army base, even.
6) Elvis famously had an affair with Ann-Margret during the filming of Viva Las Vegas. Have you ever indulged in a dalliance with a coworker?
Fuck NO! Aside from the detail of primarily working with women, which is not the way I swing...no, I just...ick. If I ever worked with the visual equivalent of Elvis or Ann-Margret, though... (hah)
7) Thinking of his movies ... Elvis was, by and large, unhappy with his film career and once said, "The only thing worse than watching a bad movie is being in one." Are you happy with the way your career is going/has gone?
Yup. Also REALLY happy it hasn't been filmed!
8) Elvis lost "the battle of the bulge" toward end of his life. Are you happy with your weight?
No, I'm afraid that's one area where Elvis and I have a great deal in common, although the source of the weight is completely different.
9) As a teenager, Elvis worked as an usher at a movie theater. What was your first job?
Babysitting. Then I shelved books at the library when I turned 16.

5 sweet-talkers :

Smellyann said...

Love your #7! Yay!! :D

I am Harriet said...

YAY- another babysitter :)

katie eggeman said...

When I was a kid, I wanted to work in a Library, but not so much now.

Cat. said...

I feel the same way some days.

NerdBliss said...

My first paying job was selling shoes, but my first work experience was in the school library in 8th and 9th grade under a librarian who took teaching us how to run the library very seriously. I loved everything about it.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.