Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Meme

(Swiped from Kwizgiver)

1. Are you celebrating Thanksgiving at home or elsewhere this year? With whom will you spend Thanksgiving Day?
I'm cooking, as has become usual. My two oldest nephews and a niece (from a different side) and her husband are coming over to eat and watch football (or the dog show).
2. What do you have for breakfast on Thanksgiving?
I mostly just snack around, but I always make sure I have something around lunchtime.
3. Do you go to a Thanksgiving parade or watch one on TV?
I watch the Macy's parade. There are no local parades.
4. Do you serve appetizers, lunch, or snacks during the day?
We eat the Big Meal at about 3. I will have appetizers/snacks out beforehand for snacking.
5. What do you wear on Thanksgiving?
Jeans and a T-shirt, and an apron.
6. What's your Thanksgiving table like -- do you use special plates/silver/glasses, etc.? Do you have a centerpiece? A color scheme? Candles?
I use my parents' china but everything else is just everyday; I don't go in for buying a whole separate set of stuff to use once a year. I'll have something fall-y on the table every year; this year I actually remembered to buy some pumpkins and gourds to stand around in the middle. And I always like to have candles going.
7. Do you serve buffet-style or family-style? What do you have to drink?
Family style. I'll have lots of options for beverages, since we'll have 1.5 recovering alcoholics in the mix and a couple of others who DO like beer and/or wine. And there's always water.
8. Once you're at the table, do you say grace or a toast or does everyone go around and say what they're thankful for?
We say grace. I don't want to put my nephews on the spot with the going-around-the-table thing. Maybe I should, though....
9. Do you have dessert right after the main meal or later on?
Oh definitely later! We clean up, put away the leftovers, wash up the china, run the dishwasher, throw the tribbles around, watch football. And by that time at least a couple of us want pie.
10. What do you do with your leftovers?
I try to remember to send stuff home with guests.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Wishing you and yours a perfectly lovely day!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.