Monday, November 19, 2012

Curious as a Cat x4 (sigh)

(Link in meme-roll)
#345
1) Share five things you're thankful for.
I'm happy that I survived the past year. I'm thankful for my church family. I'm thankful for the people around me who either love me or are masochists. I'm thankful that this last week's cold wasn't any worse. And I'm thankful this will be a short week at work.
2) What companies provide the worst customer service?
I was never too excited about calling the cable company when I had to do that. Not thrilled with our local-ish chain grocery store which seems to have zero customer service training. The worst, though, has to be anything to do with the medical industry and insurance. Yuck.
3) About how much storage space is in your current home? Is it enough?
I've found that no matter the space you have, you always have more shit than fits comfortably. We have a shit-ton of storage space in this house, and up until about 5 years ago we were holding our own, but we are now "officially full." Ugh.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
This makes me giggle. I love the paisley drawing on the keys, and then the green dry-erase (?) D so you can figure out where your fingers belong...crack me up!
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
#346
1) Have you ever been arrested?
I've had two tickets written on me, which, technically, means I've been arrested twice. But never in the tradition handcuffs-and-back-of-the-car kind of thing. whew
2) Turkey (not the country, the Thanksgiving bird) -- love it or leave it?
Love it, but it's not exactly easy to cook!
3) Do you judge couples by how they met?
No. For the most part, I don't even know how people met. Three members of my family met their spouses online, and they've been married a total of 20 years between them so who am I to judge?
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Well, this was meant has a Halloween photo, so you can see how far behind I really am now--yay me! This picture reminds me of stories of the catacombs under Paris where there are supposedly stacks and stacks of bones that have been removed from cemeteries over the centuries. Cool. Sorta creepy.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +#347
1) You were just given a yacht. What would you name it?
"For Sale"
2) America's game: baseball or football? Or something else?
Football, at least for me. I haven't watched a full professional baseball game in at least six years.
3) What was your favorite TV show when you were growing up?
There were too many and they changed over time. I always liked "Little House..." and "Apple's Way." Later, it was "Dukes of Hazzard" and "CHiPs" that I remember. And all the 60s sitcoms that aired in the afternoons. And M*A*S*H of course.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Kinda looks like a snow angel made by a turkey, no? I can't remember the last time I made a snow angel. Hmmm, may have to remedy that this winter. We haven't seen any snow to speak of this year (just some floating flakes). I'm sure we'll get our share, however. I'm perfectly all right with that since I can't expect Sparky to dig me out when Beast is out of town. :-)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +#348
1) Which is worse: freezing cold feet or hot, sweaty feet?
What's really the pits is cold sweaty feet.... I'm not a fan of either extreme, but I'm much more familiar with cold feet, especially in bed.
2) What is your most non-traditional holiday tradition?
I suppose it's the refusal to make a big dinner on Christmas Day. No, we just do a fend-for-yourself sandwich thing instead.
3) What makes you nervous?
The possibility of something dangerous occurring. I tend to overthink all the things that could go wrong in any given situation. I've been known to get so wrapped up in this that I practically cease to function. It's a little OCD-ish.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
b>Public Domain Photo
Dog!!! Or, as Sparky would say: "doggyyyyy!!!" Kind of an odd-faced little face, and I'm not sure what's going on with the house (?) in the background. Are those telephone poles stacked in front? Still.... Dog!!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.