Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

(Link in meme-roll)

1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. You can read more here. Your thoughts?
I'm ok with this, but I'd be even more ok if they jacked the prices way up on stuff like this, starting with the things are the worst. Sort of a prorated sin tax.
2. Art festival, music festival, food festival...which would you most like to attend?
Music and food. This, here in the midwest, is known as State Fair or an ethnic festival.
3. What are you irrational about?
This could be one of the worst days ever to ask me that question.
4. Do you feel confident you'll have a comfortable retirement?
Right now, it looks probably. But that's 20 years off. Or more.
5. What's been your favorite Olympic moment so far? (Not ever, just in the 2012 Summer games)
I really like Oscar Pistorius. A whole lot.
6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?
Beast's workshop area.
7. Do you follow your heart or your head?
I lean towards my head when things are otherwise even.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are." --W. Somerset Maugham

1 sweet-talkers :

Joyce said...

I am an Oscar fan too! So inspiring and makes me think I should never complain about anything I also loved when Kirani James asked if they could switch number tags after the race. A great moment!

Have a nice weekend!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.