Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Should Be Reading

(Link in meme-roll)
WWW Wednesdays

• What are you currently reading?
  • From the Kingdom of Memory: Reminiscences, by Elie Wiesel--which I've been reading VERY slowly (since January) ... and it's a short book.
  • The Flight of Gemma Hardy, by Margot Livesey--good, rewrite of Jane Eyre
  • The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, by David Wroblewski (on CD)--only on the second CD, but so far mostly I'm confused
• What did you recently finish reading?
  • Worth Dying For, by Lee Child (on CD)--good, in a twisted, not-based-on-any-reality-I-recognize way
  • Walking on Earth and Touching the Sky, by Timothy P. McLaughlin--good, not great, though I'm all about exposing kids' writing to the world
  • The Snow Child, by Eowyn Ivey--fascinating, magic-realism in Alaska, retelling of a fairy tale
• What do you think you’ll read next?
  • Agent 6, by Tom Rob Smith--loved the first of these books, and enjoyed the second one too; waiting, impatiently, to start this
  • Glaciers, by Alexis M. Smith--no clue, but I brought it home from ALA
  • Contents May Have Shifted, by Pam Houston--ditto Glaciers

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I've got the Flight of Gemma Hardy on my Nook, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.