Monday, August 13, 2012

Lots of Curiosity in this Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) Have you ever been arrested?
Nope. Never spent time in custody. Hoping to keep that record intact untill I die.
2) In what ways would you like to change the world?
I'm trying to keep my corner of it from imploding at any given moment by trying to be kind. I'm actually nicer in person than on the blog(s).
3) Has a book ever brought you to tears?
Only about twice a month for most of my life.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
This nail needs driving--it's a hazard to feet and the structural integrity of whatever it's supposed to be holding together.
+ + + + + + + +

1) What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you as a result of procrastinating?
I can't right now think of a specific incident, but there've been a few missed opportunities, for sure.
2) Are you a member of the Mile High Club?
Nope, though I did grow up in the Mile High City, so if we stretch the definition... lol
3) What's worse, extremely cold weather or extremely hot weather?
I hate hot+humid. Abhor it! Otherwise, I don't mind hot. But it's easier to deal with cold--you can always find ways to warm up, but it's hard to cool down.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
I find butterflies really interesting. This one is unusually un-colorful, but still lovely.
+ + + + + + + +

1) Describe your "good china," whether you actually own any or not.
I have both of my grandmother's china sets, plus my parents'. We use the latter on Thanksgiving: it's beige with pale green outer rims, very '50/'60s-standard. I love them. I didn't ask for china when we got married: seemed silly to ask for dishes we'd have to store for 10 years.
2) When are you happiest?
When I'm relaxed and accomplishing something important (to me).
3) If you could turn into two people right now, what are the first two things you'd want to do?
I'd go on vacation, like, permanently. And the other one of me would stick around and keep earning money to pay for that vacation.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
There was a day when hang-gliding looked like the most fun ever. Now, this photo kinda scares me: what if you impaled your glider on one of the arms of the turbines?? So, yeah, I'm too old for this I think.
+ + + + + + + +

1) You discover that the person you're head-over-heels about loves good homemade & handmade desserts. What will you concoct when you have this person over?
Hmm, looks like it's apple crumble all around with (maybe even homemade) whipped cream on top.
2) What would you leave in your will for the person you care about the most?
My money, and the name of a good attorney/accountant. OK, seriously: family mementos and a big mess to clean up. It's only fair, right? Reality is somewhere in the middle of all this, of course.
3) What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now?
When I was a child, it was probably one of my toys, maybe my jacks. As a teen, probably my diary. Now...probably this computer. Or...jeez, maybe my family Bibles?
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Huge much? Since I know the photo is actually of a prison, it astounds me that we (still) spend so much money in our (used broadly here: this is in Australia) culture on locking people up.
+ + + + + + + +

1) How often do you clean between your toes?
Directly and intentionally? Not real often, but then again, they don't really get that dirty.
2) What is your favorite way to waste time at work without getting caught?
I've been known to check Facebook. I read through random interesting-looking books quite regularly (is that really time-wasting, though?). Oh, and there's the regular chit-chat with coworkers.
3) If you could have had the starring role in one film already made, which movie would you pick?
So tempting to say Maria in "The Sound of Music".... I can't think of any other heroines I'd want to be. Well, ok, maybe Professor McGonnigle.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Awesome to see strong black women running things. The world would be a better place if we saw more of this, I think.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.