Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch

(Link in meme-roll)

1. What was your biggest fear as a child?
Being spoken to by strangers, and having to speak back to them.
And almost everything else; I was a pretty fearful child.
2. Who taught you to cook?
This is a toss-up: either my mother taught me to cook, or my mother taught me how not to cook. She did teach me the way around a kitchen, but she wasn't a very profound cook, nor did she enjoy it at all.
3. Do you have a lot of books in your home?
Yeah, a few dozen hundred thousand. Not as many as some people, but more than several of my friends/acquaintances. Less than I "have" at work, though, which is definitely my goal.
4. Do you like carrot cake? If you like that cake, what kind of frosting do you like best?
I can't stand carrot cake; I would scrape the frosting off and eat it, but not in public. In public, I usually just claim that I'm full.
5. What's did the last funny t-shirt you read say? (It doesn't have to reflect your personal feeling about the topic, just be funny and family friendly.)
Well, since you said family-friendly, I'll go with the one a friend posted on Facebook this morning.
However, I do find my son's current T kinda funny, even though when he first bought it a couple of years ago my first thought was "You can't wear that to school!!" However, I totally get the feeling behind it in a purely metaphorical sense (even though I'm sure I don't quite get the Pokémon backstory).

6 sweet-talkers :

Patrice said...

Welcome to Chats! I think I was a pretty fearful child too. Lots of book, I guess. You can't stand carrot cake and like the frosting. I just read someone who can't stand the frosting, and liked the cake. You two should order dessert at the same time. :)lol Thanks for joining in. Have a great week!

Arlene said...

I was a pretty fearful child too. It's made me a somewhat fearful adult as well :P. I'm still afraid to talk to strangers and large groups of people.

Have a blessed rest of your week.

Rachel E. said...

I agree with Patrice, you should get together with the gal who eats it the opposite as you. It would save money! :-)

Empty Nester said...

I love carrot cake but not all carrot cake. It has to be just right. Like my grandmother used to make. One of our daughters has a friend who scrapes the frosting off cakes- goodness...isn't that the most important part? No, wait! It's the ice cream! LOL

Kwizgiver said...

Is this a new meme?

Cat. said...

KW: Yup, sorry, I always forget the Meme-Roll doesn't automatically update anymore. It's there now.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.