Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday 9 18

(Link in meme-roll)
Changes (last week's questions)

1. Do you believe people can truly change?
Wow, the timing for this was freakishly appropriate! Not that I saw the questions last week when they was posted.
OK, yes, of course people can change, if they want to badly enough, if they are motivated, and/or if they get help and support in areas they need it.
2. Do you think there is anything wrong with being average?
No one is average; that is sort of the point of averages, isn't it? Averages normalize everyone into one blob, where people are eminently un-blob-like. Except when we are busy being sheep: baa baa baa.
3. Do you believe in fairy tale love?
Nope. Haven't ever actually witnessed it so...no.
4. Has anyone ever spread something malicious about you?
Sure. Welcome to middle-school girls at their best. Some girls never outgrow that, either; I know quite a lot of adult women whose emotional and social skills stopped evolving at 13.
5. Have you ever done something at a party that you've ever regretted?
Fuck yeah! It's enough to permanently ruin parties for me! lol
6. How do you go about setting your goals?
I don't. Seriously, when the schools started having us do this--towards the end of high school a bit, and then definitely in college--I was literally unable to complete the assignments. I ended up desperately throwing shit on the paper just to have stuff to turn in. (This is never a bad idea in our culture, is it? Getting credit for "doing your homework" even though the result is actually pure bullshit.) I still don't do 5-year-plans, goal-setting, bucket lists, or 100 Things About Me lists. My brain does not work that way; if I want to do something, I start doing it, or I just don't.
7. Do you believe you deserve everything you want?
Yeah, of course I do. And by the way, I want YOUR car, YOUR money, YOUR life, and YOUR house. You ok with that? Oh, sorry, too bad for you. [no, I don't]
8. Do you have people in your life you could always count on?
Again with the amazing timing. Yes. I have a stupendous support network, which I may or may not deserve. Thank God for them!
9. Did you ever make a close friend from someone that you've dated?
Yup.
+ + + + + + + + + + +


Hot Fun In the Summertime (this week's questions)

1. What do you have planned for fun in the summertime?
This summer, I have nothing planned at all. It is my 30th high school reunion year, but I'm probably not going to the parties, which is fine. The reunion ten years ago was pretty good, but I'm not sure I'm at a place right now that would allow me to enjoy this sort of thing. Otherwise, the summer stretches out in front of much the same way it has since I was a child: seemingly endless, full of possibility, and hot.
2. Who was the last celebrity that you thought was bright until you saw them interviewed?
Most of them. It's much rarer to have the opposite reaction, to be honest.
3. Do you think that the U.S. and our present war(s) seem to just ignore our history?
I think people tend to see what they want to see in the past, and act accordingly. We Americans laughed at the Russians when they got stuck in Afghanistan in the '80s, and then conveniently forgot about the history of wars in that region when we invaded in 2002. I don't, however, think just the U.S. does this.
4. Have you ever conformed just to "fit in"?
Nope. Never. Especially not as a child! [is there ANYone who hasn't done this??]
5. Do you feel that you at times do not enjoy the moment because you are worried about what will come next?
Hello world, you've found out my dirty little (not-so-) secret.
6. Does it seem that when you learn more about yourself, that others' opinions of you seem stupid?
Yes, to an extent. This is what happens in college for sure, and whenever you realize that your parents don't really know you as well as you and they think, and various other times in life.
7. In rock & roll history, what bands or artists do you think made the biggest impact?
Elvis. The Beatles. James Brown. The punk movement as a whole. Michael Jackson. Madonna. I dunno. There are probably far more "unsung" movers and shakers, like Quincy Jones for instance, that changed the direction of pop culture.
8. Who do you blame for the state of the economy? Why?
I blame all of us. And Bernie Madoff.
9. Do you get upset and do you think you're being lazy when you do nothing?
Yes. And that's why I didn't do memes this past week. I really need to STOP being lazy.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I don't mind being lazy. I'd like to think I am perfecting it.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I like all your answers and the snark is the best part! :) Completely agree with the 2nd #8.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.