Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Get Out of Jail Free Meme, Parts One and Two

1. When you're home alone, do you still close the door when you use the restroom?
Depends. Not usually all the way.
2. If you have to go grocery shopping, would you rather go alone or with someone?
I like grocery shopping with Sparky. He's good company, reminds of things I forget (sometimes) or just dumps random stuff in the cart for himself (often), and helps bag the groceries at the end.
3. It's your best friend's birthday; would you buy them a gift even though they didn't buy you one for yours?
I would, unless we agreed not to.
4. You win the lottery. Lump sum or small payments over a period of time? Why?
Payments. Less temptation to blow it all on ridiculous shit.
5. Do you like your music loud or at a reasonable level?
What I consider reasonable would, perhaps, seem loud to you. And vice versa. It also depends on the music: Vivaldi and most ballads needs to be quieter, but Beethoven, rock, and dance needs to be LOUD.
6. Are you a beach person or a snowy mountain person?
Sunny mountain.
7. When do you brush your teeth?
I used to be REALLY good about brushing after breakfast and at bedtime, but I've gotten into a bad habit and often forget to do them in the morning. Just another habit to get back into....
8. Can you watch scary movies alone?
I probably can; they're on multiple channels on our TV. I have no interest in them, however.
9. Soft bed or firm? And in fantasy land, who's in it with you?
Firm. And honestly, if I'm using it to sleep, I'd rather not share unless we are talking about a king-size bed.
10. Would you rather stay home all day, or be out and about?
Home.
11. What's one of your worst memories (that you are comfortable sharing)?
Any of the ER visits in the past year might qualify, but the worst, hands-down, was with Dr. Hebheb (vowel has been changed to protect my blog) whose "treatment" was to ask me how Beast was doing, offer a shot of Demerol and the promise of getting him home in a couple of hours. Uhm? Really? No exam at all? Really?? Beast got so furious that we ended up leaving AMA, with no drugs, after the cops babysitting the drunk next door came to Beast's bed to tell us to "keep it down; there are sick people here." I don't even remember the return home or how Beast made it upstairs to bed that night. Maybe he didn't. I dunno. It was absolutely abysmal behavior for someone who supposedly has a degree in medicine.
12. Do you like to keep the peace or be confrontational?
I'm not confrontation-averse; I just want resolution, though, and sometimes you need to man up and sometimes a little walk around the parking lot is a good idea.
13. Are you more likely to be with a large group of people or a few close friends?
I'm more often with small groups.
14. What are your plans for October?
I think that's when parents' weekend usually happens at Sparky's college, so there's that. And what else? Who knows?
15. If money were not a problem, where would you like to live?
Money isn't really the problem at this point. It's connections in this area that would be difficult to break. If you had asked me yesterday, I would have been perfectly happy to quit my job tomorrow and head for the hills. Quite literally. Beast telecommutes already, so he could do that from (almost) anywhere.
16. What is your ideal profession?
I love being a librarian. But I also appreciate--now more than ever--being trust enough to do it without discussion or interference. There is a lot of bullshit flying through the air right now at work; I'm trying to avoid cowpie-to-the-face.
17. Are you (or were you) close to your Mom and Dad?
Not as close as I would have liked in some respects, though my dad and I got along fine.
18. What is one fear that you can't seem to overcome?
Not living up to [someone]'s standards. Pick any random Someone, but it needs to be someone I respect. I don't particularly care if I live up to my current boss's standards, since I can't figure out if she even has any.
19. Are you good at math?
Yes. Me and the integers of the universe play well together. It's all the OTHER stuff after regular math that trips me up.
20. Editor's note. There is no question 20. It is sort of like getting a "Get out of Jail Free" card.21. Has there ever been anyone that now you regret meeting?
Yes. After 48+ years, what are the odds, really?
22. What's the last film you saw? Would you recommend it?
No clue. I don't seem to have the right kind of memory to retain this information.
23. Would you rather have roommates or live alone?
I think I have the perfect balance--when Beast is healthy, anyway--of both. He travels enough that I don't get bored of either option.
24. Do you like any of your friends a little more than just a friend?
"JUST" a friend??? Really? Friends are awesome enough on their own. [I hate this question.] [And, no.]
25. We loved the results yesterday on Saturday 9. Post a rather current song that you'd like us to hear.
Go check out Tinariwen or Sigur Rós. They are very different from American pop, and from each other, and pretty awesome.
27. If you found out that you were going to be a parent, what would you do? If you are one, tell us what the best pat of being a parent is.
I would be stunned since it is literally impossible for me to become pregnant. The best part of being a parent for me is watching Sparky turn out OK.
28. Do you give money to homeless people when they ask?
Sometimes. I more likely to ask if they want to accompany me to McDonalds (or a coffee shop) for a meal.
29. A weekend in Las Vegas or Miami? Why?
Vegas, baby!
30. What was your reaction to the president supporting gay marriage?
I'm beyond thrilled. Finally, there's Someone Important (and straight) growing a pair and being honest about the issue.
31. You are totally alone on a Saturday. What do you do?
Pretty much what I'd do if anyone were around: nap, read, do chores, Facebook, etc. Unless it was a Saturday at work, in which case, I wouldn't unlock the front doors till someone else showed up to work with me!
32. You have 3 months left to live, what is your bucket list?
I don't believe in bucket lists. I'd probably write a lot of letters.
33. You're having a bad day, what one thing can make your day better?
Happy babies, goofy animals, and a donut.
34. Ever use a tanning bed?
Hell no.
35. Is there anything you would change about your body if you could?
I would love to unload the accretion of fat around my middle that has grown in the past decade.
36. You wake up in an unfamiliar place, what is your first reaction?
Find my glasses. Chances are, things will become less bizarre once I can see.
37. Is there anything that you should be doing right now?
Yes. This house needs tidying.
38. At what age do you think that sex becomes less important? Why?
This is wholly dependent on each individual and their life circumstances. Just for chuckles, I went and checked Maslow's hierarchy; sex doesn't even make the list, as such.
39. What is your favorite breakfast food?
Having mentioned them already, I gotta stick with a theme: donuts.
40. Your phone rings at 4am, who do you expect it to be?
Wrong number, the police (with bad news), or a family member (also with bad news).

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I have a love affair with donuts.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

The bad news element of a late night phone call is troubling. During my second marriage we got two suh calls. A drunk ex-boyfriend of hers and a friend of my sister's (also drunk) but she was on the Left Coast & had just won an Emmy so I excused that...

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.