Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Somebody That I Used to Know

1. How do you feel when you realize that an impasse will cause a relationship (any type) to end?
Well, upset, of course! Unless it's a relationship I want to end. Right now, I'm kind of in that situation at work: someone has given her notice to leave in a month, and as she is someone I supposedly supervise (in part), I should address that, but she hasn't spoken to me about it after a week's time, and it's partially down to me that she's leaving (after a poor evaluation from ALL of her supervisors). I feel guilty...and extremely relieved that she's going.
2. You’re planning a trip that would be an eight-hour car ride, a four-hour train ride, or a two-hour plane ride. With money and time being no object, which would you most likely choose and why?
Heh. Sadly, my immediate focus went to the times given: a two-hour flight is about 17 hours by car, and probably about 25 by Amtrak. Why would I know this? Cuz I've made that trip all three ways.

HOWsomeEVER, if we leave the times stand as is, I'd drive. Amtrak flat-out sucks in terms of scheduling--unless, I suppose, on the east coast where they almost have to run on time. Flying is such a fuckin' pain now that 8 hours in a car seems like a party with free booze in comparison. Plus, once you arrive, there's no mooching rides, paying for cabs, or trying to figure out transportation in general: you brought your own!
3. What is your ideal past-time on a lazy summer's day?
If there's a mountain nearby, go up it, spread out a blanket and take a nap.
4. Name a CD you own that no one else on your friends list does.
I think, maybe?, I still have a couple of CDs made by the former boyfriend of my eldest niece. If not, then I know I have a couple CDs recorded by a local "band" from about 6 years ago which I have literally NEVER listened to; the bass player used to work at the library and gave us all copies of all their stuff. They were (ahem) not my style. [Have I ever mentioned how very eclectic my style is? I listen to purt' near EVERYthing...] I would add Amy's mix CDs except she's got copies, and she's on my friends list.
5. What's a wish of yours?
A horse so this beggar could ride. (cf. Melissa)
6. What is something you're going to do a lot of this week?
Biting my tongue. Throwing down Tylenol and ibuprofen for headaches (and tongue pain). Listening to my boss make no decisions and answer no direct questions. Roll my eyes. Generally, the same thing I do every week.
7. Is there someone you wish would just fall off the face of this earth?
InNUMerable people. Let's start with my boss, ok?
8. What did you do last night?
I have no idea. Probably faffed about on Facebook for far too long and then crawled into bed 2 hours later than I'd intended. I think I did have a bath, though, which was a lovely thing.
9. Where is the next place you'd like to go vacation?
I have, literally, no idea. We have been so focused on getting through the days with Beast's medical stuff that we have not even gotten close to discussing vacation. Bummer.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.