Saturday, May 19, 2012

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. Would you rather read the newspaper from a physical paper or online? Why?
I would rather not read a (daily) newspaper in any format. I've gone off them completely. Beast now gets the Nearest Giant City paper on his Nook. The local daily is ridiculous, though I enjoy the local weekly as it generally sticks to events that matter to me and stays out of reporting national and/or international stuff which I can find out about online.
2. Would you rather be part of the Addams Family or the Munsters family? Why?
I always liked the Addams family better--they were simply trying to live their lives and get through the day; the Munsters were far too campy for me to take seriously.
3. Would you rather take a cruise to the Bahamas or Alaska? Why?
Right now, Alaska. Actually, I've no real interest in going anywhere tropical for any extended period, though I wouldn't mind going through the Panama Canal someday...on my way to Alaska. {{snort}}
4. If you had to choose one of them, would you rather be shorter or taller than your current height? Why?
I would like to be about an inch taller. I know, I know...but I like being tall! Plus, 175 cm is such a nice even number.
5. Would you rather give up your favorite beverage or your favorite food for good? Why?
Much as I like Dr. Pepper, I think I'd have to keep the food. However, I'm more likely to be told I have to give up the food....sigh.
6. Would you rather be able to read people’s minds or know the future? Why?
Look, to a greater or lesser extent, once you've got 30 or so years under your belt, you can do both of this things to an astounding degree. It's not particularly fun to know that the idiot being stupid on his motorcycle is bound to turn into road pizza at some point, or to know that the teenager who just sneered at you thinks you're too old to remember being young. It's depressing. I'd rather have amnesia about some things, to be perfectly honest.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.