Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Ain't Too Proud to Beg

1. What was the last thing that you begged for?
Uh...I don't make a habit of begging. I can't remember, unless I asked, jokingly begging, Beast to work on my shoulder some time recently.
2. Have you ever lost a best friend after a fight?
Sure. And then we made up again, eventually.
3. When was the last time you just wanted to be invisible?
Today. At work. ALL $&*@!% day.
4. Which room of your home tends to be the messiest?
The kitchen. It's the dropping-off spot for everything.
5. You are to be locked in a room forever with a celebrity. You get to choose. Who do you pick?
Oh my God: forever?? This sounds like Sartre! Yuck, doesn't matter who it is: I'm in hell.
6. Has someone ever left another person to be with you?
Huh. Temporarily only.
7. What’s been kind of a drag for you lately?
Work. Work sucks. I would kill to work midnight to 9 a.m.!
8. How are you different from your (current or most recent) significant other?
I'm female. I'm not nearly as deliberate as Beast. My back doesn't hurt all the time. I never played football. I don't (pay enough attention to) understand science.
9. What is the most perverted thing someone has ever said to you?
Hello, I've work with perverted patrons for almost 25 years now! Damn. A guy that was dating a coworker told me he liked my ass a few years ago; that was pretty fucking annoying. Another coworker's husband, at another job, called me "Skinny" in a very leery way every time I saw him. When I was 16, I had a middle-aged man follow me around the library telling me all his marital/family problems. Random comments over the years aren't even memorable anymore.
Actually, the seriously most perverted thing someone ever told me was that she'd just found out her child's uncle had been abusing her kid for years. That was horrific; she wanted books to deal with it, but she had literally JUST found out hours earlier.

3 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

The abuse story in your final answer made me shudder. I can see looking for books but telling someone why I'm looking for books??

Cat. said...

KW: She was totally wrecked, nowhere to turn, desperate to turn back the clock and stop this from having happened...

You'd be surprised what we hear about people's lives every day at the library. This sort of thing happens all the time, on a much less horrific scale.

amy said...

I'll second that comment. It's the rare day when there is not a TMI moment with a patron! (And don't get me started on the coworkers.)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.