Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Five

(Link in meme-roll)
Firsts!

1. Who was your first best friend?
You know, the first people I remember playing with, outside of family, were Chris and Tony, brothers in "the pink house" across the street, and the girl next-door to them, Penny, who was a couple of years older than us. Mom wasn't thrilled with Penny because her family was renting (though I'm sure there was more to it than that ... at least, I hope there was, but with Mom, who knows?). All three of those kids were gone from the neighborhood by the time I started kindergarten. There was a girl at the other end of the block, Loree, whose older brother was a friend of my brother's. She and I were never, uhm, good friends. OK, she hated me for some reason, throughout school.
2. Who was your first crush?
Jim Phillips. One of two blond guys I ever really fell hard for. Man, that was a rough school year--I was preternaturally shy, and he was a 12-year-old boy in every way. But I ended up sitting next to him during reading time and dressing up for him ... to absolutely no avail. He moved away the next year, and I've never been able to track him down. The one thing I should've learned from that is "don't fall for guys with common names."
His daughter's cute, too!
3. Who was your first kiss?
Ron-with-Two-Last-Names. Had a crush on him in 7th grade. O.M.G.--he was so gorgeous. And, he still isn't exactly hideous:
4. Who was your first boyfriend/girlfriend?
L.F. He was a junior, I was a sophomore. Nice guy, total dork. Really, really into cars (yawn!) and Star Wars (sigh). I really preferred his brother J., who was in my class but totally not into me. The whole time I was dating L., I knew I really was dating the wrong brother. J. even told me at one point that he hoped my dating his brother wouldn't cause trouble in our friendship. 30 years later: J. & I are still friends, and I haven't seen L. since my senior year in high school, briefly. [and yeah, no pics--though I did look for some]
5. Who was your most serious boyfriend/girlfriend?
Uhm, well, I guess that would be Beast, since ... I married him.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.