Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Her Head Is Part Missing Meme

1. What is your most annoying habit?
The one that annoys me the most is biting my nails and cuticles. Other people probably would have different answers, including barking at them when I'm stressed out.
2. What habit would you change of your partners? (come on no-one is perfect!) [Editor's note: Not only does it assume you have A partner, but it is written as though you have multiple ones. If you do not currently have a partner or many partners, simply tell us about your last one. BW]
Of ALL my partners (ha ha ha) I would probably change their communication habits. Of my current partner, I would change his back. He needs a brand-new one.
3. Horrors or Chick Flicks?
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of either, but since I haven't made it through a horror movie in decades, we'll go with chick flicks. I'm more inclined to like action flicks or historical documentaries.
4. What is the most outrageous thing you have done in the back row of the movies?
I'm pretty sure I've never sat in the back row at a movie. [thus avoiding the meat--ahem--of the question]
5. When have you lied to get a job?
I haven't. I'm not such a great liar in these circumstances.
6. What one thing is on your list to do before you hit 30, 40, 50 or whatever significant birthday is next?
This presumes I have a List somewhere of Things To Do. I would love to get my photos sorted out, and I would love to get my parents files organized, and I would LOVE for my brother to give me Dad's slides so I could organize and digitize those.
7. Classic or modern films and why?
More important to me that they be GOOD films.
8. If you were a vampire who would be the first person you would bite?
The first person I'd probably drain (and kill) would be...hmmmm, the people I want dead are not people I'd want to bite. Yuck.
9. If you had the power to make one thing better, what would it be?
I would fix the way magazines are currently doing their digital download editions. Some of them are doing fairly well, but the ones I prefer to read are NOT. I'd add to all of them the ability to "tear out a page" for later use.
10. What makes a great blog?
Humor, decent spelling and grammar, limited obsessive navel-gazing, and honesty.
11. What was the inspiration that brought your blog to the blogosphere?
My first "a-ha" was that it was a great way to track my reading. I'd been doing that in paper format for over a decade (I think) before the blog. Now I have an easy way of keeping a formatted list that I can print off--after some horking around to make it pretty on paper--and go back and review at any time.
12. What easily ticks you off (puts you in a bad mood) quickly?
People with shitty attitudes about every-damn-thing. I'm thinking of you, CT.
13. How many children do you have?
I have personally given birth once to a boy. On Fb, I have a son and a daughter--her request. After 6 years of leading our church youth group, and multiple other years of teaching Sunday School, I feel like I have rooms-full of kids.
14. Is there anything you have ever regretted writing on your blog?
Yup. And for the most part I have deleted, rewritten or hidden those things.
15. What’s your favorite blog post you have written this year so far?
I've done 119 posts on this blog this year. I've done approximately 70 posts in other venues. Having now spent 15 minutes grazing through the past three months, I somewhat randomly will assign "favorite" to this post for no reason other than because it's a good snapshot of Life as a Librarian.
16. Do you ever enter other bloggers' competitions, and have you ever been lucky?
Nope.
17. If you could be anyone else for the day, who would you choose and why?
I wouldn't mind a day as Beast since I could probably dispense with one of his problem customers and figure out what the hell he does all day.
18. If you could time travel to any period of history what era would you visit?
Now and here. I certainly would not want to be a woman before about 1960 in any culture.
19. If you had to be genetically modified, would you rather have a third arm, a third leg, a second head or some other modification???
I'd just like to be cloned so I could do two things at once, and do them both well.
20. Which Disney character can you most relate to?
Jiminy Cricket.

5 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

When I first read, "People with shitty attitudes about every-damn-thing. I'm thinking of you, CT." I thought that you meant me, since I'm from CT. However, I really don't have a shitty attitude for anything but Republicans. So, it ain't me babe. Thank, the goddesses.

Cat. said...

Bud, I refer you to this page where you will find an explanation of C[omplainer] T[ech] just about halfway down. It is decidedly NOT you I was referring to, nor anyone else who reads my blogs. I would never put up with her behavior if someone like her approached me in Blogland!

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Cat.-

There was NO reason for me to take it like that. I mentioned it so you could see how really paranoid I can be... :)

Cat. said...

lol, join the club! :-)

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I could post a comment on Curious for some reason. But I did 315...

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.