Saturday, March 17, 2012

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. No matter what political platform you support, how sure are you at this point of who you want to vote for?
I guess I shouldn't say 100%, eh? Let's put it this way: none of the Republican candidates inspire even the slightest bit of confidence in me. What a group of morons.
2. On average, how close to the presidential election do you generally decide for certain who is getting your vote?
I usually know once the conventions are over, if not before. This year, I pretty much know already.
3. What is the single biggest issue that you hope our next president will solve?
I am pretty sure it won't happen, but I'd like to get the health care situation sorted out.
4. What is the single biggest campaign issue that you wish candidates would just shut up about?
I would seriously like overweight white men to stop telling the women of this country how to have sex and otherwise live their lives. And stop blaming other people for the problem; instead, let's hear some solutions!
5. Should the country ideally have three primary political parties instead of two, or do you think this would only “spoil” the vote by taking too many votes away from one party so that the opposing one would win the White House?
I wouldn't mind having more than two parties, but they would by necessity need to be fairly equally-powerful.
6. If your state offered an online voting program so that you could vote at home without ever going to a local polling place, would you be more likely to vote or would you be just as likely to vote as you already are?
Just as likely. My polling place is, quite literally, two blocks away as the crow flies. It's about mile to drive there, but I have NO excuse not to vote; I rarely have to wait in line and the people working there crack me up.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.