Saturday, February 25, 2012

Six-Word Saturday

(Link in meme-roll)

The emotional roller coaster doesn't stop

I've been exhausted this week, mostly in a psychological sense--work has been pretty draining as is usual when you work with a lot of talky women people. I took Thursday off, due to not being able to wake up or face people there.

Beast was on the road, returning home yesterday to face a driveway he wanted to clean of snow. By the time I got home from work at about 5:30 he was toast. And then some. By 6:15 he was writhing in pain on our bed and agreeing with my suggestion that we call 911.

He was out of the house by 6:45 on his way on the icy roads to the hospital, medicated heavily in the ambulance and at the ER, and back home by 10:45 with new prescriptions.

Today was the funeral of an older member of our church with whom Beast worked on the finances for several years. Richard died relatively suddenly last weekend, and we needed to be there for his wife and to pay our respects. It was a really good funeral; I'm kind of sad that I'm now a connoisseur of funerals, but there ya go.

Then home, where I crashed hard again, woke to order pizza delivery, eat, and then go grocery shopping. Beast hasn't dropped off yet, somehow, though I expect it'll be soon. He's trying to catch up on two months' worth of NCIS episodes, though I think he's done after this one.

And then it's the beginning of Lent. So there's that, too.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Oh, Cat--I hope the roller coaster ride ends soon. You deserve some "Cat time".

Call Me Cate said...

Such a busy time for you. I hope things will calm down soon; I know all too well how exhausting that roller coaster can be.

Thanks for playing 6WS!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.