Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Queen's Meme

(Link in meme-roll)
It's the Oh Baby Meme!
Answer these questions about babies. Don't whine. I'm all out of pacifiers.

1. When your kids were babies, did you ever use cloth diapers?
Yep, for 6-8 months. Then it just got too complicated with the daycare and other things, so we went over to plastic.
2. Are you guilty of spoiling your children or grandchildren?
Oh, hell no! My child isn't spoiled (at least I don't think so, and he'd probably agree!). But when/if there are grandchildren: I'm all about spoiling them.
3. If you could give one piece of advice to your own children about how to raise their children, what would you say?
"Trust your gut."
4. Do you believe in spanking?
Yes. I've only done it a couple of times, but they were doozies.
5. Babies need pacifiers! They cry and carry on sometimes. Can you think of one adult person in your life who could also use a pacifier?
Most people have them, though they are called "food," "drink," or any other of the many addictions we have created to soothe our souls. My boss needs an actual adult-sized pacifier, if only to keep her from sticking her foot in her mouth with her staff over and over.
6. Have you ever been present for the birth of a child other than your own pregnancy and delivery?
Nope. I wasn't even really present for Sparky's birth, not really. I was pretty out-of-it. I'm not sure I would handle being present for someone else's, either.
7. Why are boy things blue and girl things pink?
Because people are fuckin' stupid! I hate pink, I hate this whole stupid color-scheme thing, and the only reason I can think of to continue it is to differentiate genders between one bald baby and the next. [True confession: I had a pink bedroom when I was very young, but by age 7 or so, I was SO over pink.]

1 sweet-talkers :

Mimi Lenox said...

Tell me what you really think. Bwaahhhaaaa!
Great answers.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.