Monday, February 27, 2012

Life is a mystery,everyone must stand alone...

(from here)
Once again, not my title....

Would you ever think about converting your religion? Up to a point. I would change 'brands' of churches, but I'm not likely to starting hitting up the mosques or temples.

Would you ever dump the person you're with for someone cuter? Nope.

Would you ever disown one of your relatives? ...I might. I've come rather close a couple of times.

Would you ever cheat on someone if they cheated on you? I don't think it would be cheating once I threw him out of the house.

Would you ever consider becoming a teacher? I do teach but not for pay. And I did think of doing it professionally VERY briefly, but I didn't really want to deal with the parents.

Would you ever give a hitch-hiker a ride somewhere? Nope.

Would you ever try fasting for a whole week? Nope.

Would you ever try to quit one of your addictions? Have tried.

Would you ever dye your hair purple? Sure. Why not? For a good reason, I'd do it.

Would you ever try being with a member of the same sex ? Not at this point.

Would you ever spend $100 for the best tasting hamburger in the world? No

Would you ever consider becoming a nun? Presbyterians don't 'do' nun, but I'd stay in a convent for a week or so in a heartbeat.

Would you rather chew gum off the ground or kill a squirrel? I guess the latter.

Would you rather play Monopoly or Operation? Monopoly. I'm not very steady-handed.

Would you rather eat chocolate or fruity candies? Fruity. In fact, I've got jelly beans next to the box of chocolates I got for Val Day...and the chocolates isn't going very fast.

Would you rather listen to one CD forever or become deaf? Deaf.

Would you rather be deaf or blind? Deaf.

Would you rather have a turtle or a frog for a pet? Turtle.

Would you rather dye your hair green or blue? Blue.

Would you rather move schools or become home-schooled? I'm no longer in school, but if my mom had been my teacher, I'd've been in prison still today.

Would you rather text or talk on the phone? Text.

Would you rather spend a day with Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus? Gaga.

Would you rather learn to play piano or guitar? I already have piano, so let's go with guitar.

Would you rather have a stomach-ache or headache? Headache.

Would you rather be overly interesting or overly dull? Dull.

Would you rather be too loud or too quiet? Quiet.


***

has someone ever sexually poured candle wax on you? Uhm, no?

can you ever be a vegan? Nope.

has someone ever called you peanut? Don't think so. Not since I was too young to remember, I think.

who do you secretly, or openly, want to have sex with? Well, if it were secret, telling here would make it eminently NOT secret.

do you like nicknames that are from your name? Nope.

have you ever gotten into a serious bike accident? Nope.

have you, do you/ would you ever eat tofu? No, no, no.

what would you say if a playboy playmate walked up to you on the street naked? I'm pretty sure she'd be arrested in my town long before she walked up to me.

when you play the sims, do you find your self overly-decorative? Heh, not really. OK, put it this way: once I decorate, I don't change a lot...except architecturally.

have you ever washed someone's car to get money? I think my brother conned me to wash his Mazda several times with a promise of money...which I'm pretty sure I never received.

have you ever walked in the middle of the street just to piss off people? Yup.

were you ever called a slut, when it wasn't a joke? Nope, and had I, I'd've been horrified that anyone even noticed I was female.

have you ever been to a funeral? Too many.

have you ever been to villa roma? I've been to some villas in Roma; does that count? Otherwise, no clue what this question means.

has someone ever written a song about you? Not that I know about.

what kind of computer are you taking this survey on? Gateway laptop.

have you ever seen the geek squad car in person? Of course. They're flippin' everywhere!

have you ever shaved your head? Hell no.

ever throw something at a fan and laughed as it flew across the room? No.

are you jewish? Nope.

have you ever dated someone that played drums? Hmm. No.

do you currently have bruises on your body? Probably. I run into desks and doorways a lot.

did you have anything to drink today? Nothing alcoholic. Sadly. Would LOVE a glass of vodka right now.

is there an air conditioner in the room you are currently in? It's February at 42° north latitude. Air conditioners are NOT an issue. On the other hand, I am wearing thin cotton pants and a Tshirt, so it's not as cold as it usually is this time of year.

how often do you cook? As infrequently as possible.


***

PUT YOUR MUSIC PLAYER ON SHUFFLE AND ANSWER [This time, I'm using Pandora AND Jango, since they're both acting stupid]
Song #1
Artist: U2
Title: Vertigo
What is the very first lyric in the song? "Uno, dos, tres, catorce"
Is that lyric significant to you in any way? Seeing as how it means "1, 2, 3, 14" no.
What is the 4th line of the song? Once they start singing, the fourth line is "Your eyes are wide."
Does that line make you think of a certain person? Not until you asked that question.
What is your favorite lyric in this song? "All of this can be yours / Just give me what I want and no one gets hurt"

Song #2
Artist: Casting Crowns
Title: The Altar and the Door
What is the last lyric of the song? "Between the altar and the door"
Replace the 2nd word of that lyric with the word "potato": "Between potato altar and the door"
What is the 9th line of the song? "I try but this time, Jesus, how can I be sure I will not lose my follow through"
What if that lyric was the new theme song to Sesame Street? They'd have to take it off PBS and put it on the CBN.
What lyric in this song do you relate to the most or find to be the truest? "...how can I be sure I will not lose my follow through / Between the altar and the door"

Song #3
Artist: Anna Nalick
Title: Breathe (2 AM)
What is the chorus of this song? "'Cause you can't jump the track; we're like cars on a cable / and life's like an hourglass, glued to the table / No one can find the rewind button, girl / So cradle your head in your hands / And breathe, just breathe / Oh breathe, just breathe"
If someone you like sang the chorus to you would it be romantic? I don't think those are particularly romantic lyrics, no.
What movie soundtrack would this song be perfect for? Chick flick. Totally.
Pick one word in the title of this song that you could name a pet: Good Lord! Guess I'll go with '2'.

Song #4
Artist: America
Title: Lonely People
What is the first lyric in this song? "This is for all the lonely people"
What if your opinion of the entire song was based on that one lyric? Well, I'd know where they got the title. And it's probably going to be a sad song.
What if your #2 on MySpace quoted the last lyric of the song to you? I don't use MySpace, but the last line is "You'll never know until you try."
If this song title was a movie title, what would the movie be about? Probably a murder/suspense thing.

Song # 5
Artist: Firefall
Title: You Are the Woman
What is the most offensive/vulgar lyric in this song? Aside from the sticky-goopy sweetness, there's nothing offensive at all about this song.
What if the 1st word in the song title was replaced with the word "hooker": Well, that would be a different song entirely, wouldn't it? "You Are the Hooker"...nice.
What is the 10th line of the song? "It's more that special way you look at me"
Does that lyric remind you of a situation you've been in? Well, yeah, who hasn't been in sticky-goopy love?
Does this song have a deep meaning, or is it just straightforward? Don't think it could be more straightforward than it is.

Song #6
Artist: Janis Joplin
Title: Piece of My Heart
What if your last name was included in the song title? Well, it would be nonsensical in the extreme.
What is the 5th line in the song? "And each time I tell myself that I, well I think I've had enough"
Would that line be a good catch phrase for a commercial? Sounds like a diet ad campaign....
Why is that your favorite? I love Janis' voice, but this isn't my absolute favorite song of all time.

Song #7
Artist: John Mellencamp
Title: Jack and Diane
What if the 1st word in the Artist name was replaced with the word "poop": One of my very good friends would suggest that would be more truth in advertising.
What is the funniest lyric in this song? "Scratches his head and does his best James Dean" always makes me snort and giggle.
What is the 8th lyric in this song? "'Dribble off those Bobbie Brooks let me do what I please' saying..." (which just makes me smile--I used to have Bobbie Brooks clothes).
What if there was a restaurant named from the 1st and 5th word of that lyric: Dribble Brooks? I don't think I'd want to eat there.
Is the word "heart" anywhere in the entire song? The word "heartland" is.

Song #8
Artist: INXS
Title: By My Side
What if Marilyn Manson did a cover of this song? I wouldn't listen to it. Can't stand Marilyn Manson.
What is the chorus of this song? "In the dark of night / By my side / In the dark of night / By my side / I wish you were / I wish you were"
What if your #5 MySpace friend called you and sang the chorus to you? Still no MySpace, and no one I know is EVER likely to call and sing anything except, maybe, Happy Birthday to me.
What is the last lyric in the song? Aside from the chorus, it would be "So close to me."
Is that the best lyric in the song? Well, no, but it's the meat of it.

Song #9
Artist: Hootie & The Blowfish
Title: Hold My Hand
Would the title of this song make a good title for a Stephen King book? The meaning would be essentially different from the sense in the song, but it would be fun. I'd read it.
What is the 12th line in this song? "I said get up, and let me see you smile"
Do you even like that lyric at all? Sure. What's not to like?
Do you know all the words to this song? No, but that's because Darius Rucker mumbles when he sings.
What kind of mood does this song put you in? Wistful.

Song #10
Artist: Wham
Title: Battlestations
Replace the 3rd word in the Title with the word "beaver": No can do, mi 'migo.
What is the 7th line in this song? "I don't think you'd appreciate the things that I hide"
Does that lyric bring up any memories? Uhm, yeah. I loved this song back in the day.
Would this song be good in a fight scene in movie? Sure. It is, after all called "BATTLEstations."
What is your favorite lyric in this song? "But - you won't pick up the 'phone / Why lie to my face? / (When you can buy a tape machine to give me bullshit in your place)"

***


Shuffle Survey

Write the title of each song
THE PAST
1. This explains your worst mistake. "Walk on Water" (Audio Adrenaline) [well, trying to swim would BE a big mistake for me...]
2. This explains what was going through your mind during your first kiss. "Waiting for a Girl Like You" (Foreigner) [change that "Girl" to "Guy" and we're solid]
3. This explains what was going through the other person's mind. "Like a G6" (Far East Movement) [Oh, I find this VERY doubtful]
4. Your parents always thought you would become… "Awaken Us" (Building 429) [no]
5. This explains your first date. "Flying a Sign" (Dave Nachmanoff) [rofl--since the guy's car had a flat on the way to the theater, the sign would read, "HELP!"]
6. This represents you and your first love. "Gravity" (Alejandro Escovedo) [yeah, it sucked]
7. You and your most recent ex. "Sundress" (Ben Kweller) [...I do love my clothes, eh?]
8. This explains your first time. "Day-to-Day" (General Public) [uh, really?]
9. This explains what the other person thought afterwards. "Forever Young" (Youth Group) [you'd have to ask him]
10. Your first job was… "Inside Out" (Eve 6) [...wow, in a way, yes]
11. Middle school was… "No Right Angles" (80 Mile Beach) [there is some kismet with this one, but it's a bit hard to explain]
12. You got through high school doing… "One"' (U2) [LMAO!]
13. This is how you pictured your life in the future… "Crying" (Don McLean) [NO, I did not!!
14. Your first car was… "Wonderwall" (Oasis) [heh, no]
15. Your first road trip was… "Just a Girl" (No Doubt) [eminently unsuitable answer]

THE PRESENT
1. Your biggest problem in life at the moment… "'Deed I Do" (Lena Horne) [yes, could be]
2. This is how your boyfriend/girlfriend spouse feels about you… "I'm Not Who I Was" (Brandon Heath) [Yes, I think he does right now; for sure his back is not what it was]
3. This is what your best friend would say about you… "Wonderful" (Adam & the Ants) [awwww]
4. Your parents think of you when they hear this… "Down" (Jay Sean) [no]
5. You love to jam out to… "Set" (Youssou N'Dour) [heh]
6. This is how you feel about love… "Lotus Flower" (The Souljazz Orchestra) [oookaayyyy]
7. This describes your outlook on the future… "'She' Got Me Mad" (Hall & Oates) [nope; change that 'm' to 's' and we'd be closer]
8. You currently want… "Baby It's Cold Outside" (Lady Antebellum) [that would be lovely]
9. You currently need… "Heartache Tonight" (The Eagles) [NO NO NO--I already GOT that!]
10. Those who are envious of you think… "Real World" (Matchbox 20) [yeah true]
11. This is how you are in school at work...   "Karma" (Joss Stone) [pretty much]
12. This describes one of your secrets… "High" (Meredith Brooks) [well, no]
13. This first thing you think every morning… "Go Daddy-O" (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy) [OMG, lol]
14. The first impression you give is… "Nowhere To Go" (Melissa Etheridge) [do I? do I really?]
15. This explains how you feel about the world… "Pride" (Living Colour) [not particularly]

THE FUTURE
1. The song playing when you meet "the one". "Getaway Car" (TobyMac) [perhaps, but I didn't listen]
2. Your wedding song will be was… "Wonderful" (Everclear) [oh HELL no--have you listened to this song??]
3. This describes your children… "Club Can't Handle Me" (Flo Rida) [don't think so]
4. Your family pet is… "Ito Ito Bonito" (Elvis Crespo) [lol kinda]
5. You will live… "Into the Dark" (Ben Lee) [strictly on the title, this works]
6. Your occupation is… "Plante Bandera" (Tego Calderón) [not even metaphorically]
7. This describes how you feel about work… "Money Man" (The Littlemen) [lately, this couldn't be more accurate]
8. About your husband… "Clocks" (Coldplay) [I...don't think so? Perhaps, though...]
9. You find out you have this sickness… "In the Light" (DC Talk) [that's a sickness I'll take!]
10. Everyone around you feels… "Don't Dream It's Over" (Crowded House) [nonsense]
11. You lose someone close to you and you feel… "Never Again" (The Turning) [unfortunately, no]
12. This is how you feel about life now… "Go Amanda" (Steve Earle) [not so much, at all]
13. The most you will learn in life is… "Blue Eyes" (Mika) [no]
14. Your best time in life was… "Lookin' For Me Somewhere" (Bodeans) [on a very broad level, this could be true]
15. You'll never forget… "Nothing Left to Lose" (Mat Kearney) [yeah, that is true]

***

Do you think Russell Brand's attractive? I think he's absolutely hideous.

Have you ever seen the youtube video, "Keeping your refrigerator stocked will get you many women"? If not, I suggest you go watch it. This is not a priority in my life, and I don't take orders well anyway, so...no.

Have you heard Lady Gaga's song, "Judas"? What do you think of it? Could she copy Madonna any more obviously? I actually like the tune, but...jeez.

When was the last time you rode a bike? Do you remember where you went? Been more than 8 years, and no.

Do you enjoy jogging or would you rather just take a long walk? Walk.

Have you ever seen V for Vendetta? Did you enjoy it? What was your favorite scene? Haven't seen it; have looked through the book on which it was based, however.

Would you rather drink Vitamin Water or Powerade/Gatorade? Vitamin water.

Do you currently own any white out? I...don't think so?

Do you wear lipstick? If so, what color is your favorite to wear? I almost never wear color on my lips.

I still enjoy watching old episodes of Spongebob. Are there any shows mostly intended for a younger audience that you watch? Nope.

I read in a magazine that shoulder pads are coming back. Are you happy to hear this or do you not find them to be very attractive? I don't think I need them anymore, and they go so totally out of control in the 80s that I thought for sure they'd never return.

If you've played the Sims, which expansion pack was your favorite? (Out of all three games). If you haven't played the Sims, what's a video game you enjoy playing? I like the Vacation one, but Hot Date was fun too.

What's something that you made all on your own and are incredibly proud of? The photo albums I did 10 years ago.

Chelsea Handler: hysterical or a bore? Have you ever read any of her books? If so, which ones? Yawn, and yawn.

What are you opinions on Sudoku? Does it blow your mind or do you enjoy playing it? I love it. Relaxing and fun.

How much did you pay for the last movie you saw in theaters? Was it worth it? I don't remember what the last movie I saw in a theater was, or even which theater, so I can't even guess what I paid.

Do you have a formspring? If so, do people actually ask you a lot of questions or are you forever alone like myself? Wow, pathetic much?

How much does it suck to go back to school or work after a long vacation? Oh cry me a fookin' river!

***

BOLD WHAT YOU AGREE WITH:

  • I hate football.
  • I hate stubbing my toe.
  • I hate when people say "that's gay."
  • I hate when you get all ready and your plans fall through.
  • I hate when you go on someone's xanga page and all they have taken are bolding surveys.
  • I hate it when people don't just say hi to you when they see you but they wait until they get home and text you saying "i saw you.."
  • I hate when people comment on what i wear.
  • I hate when people remind me of things.
  • I hate when I wake up early and still manage to run late.
  • I hate when people friendly punch me.
  • I hate when people tell me what to do.
  • I hate when people try and give advice but never take it.
  • I hate when people call themselves fat. (when they're obviously not)
  • I hate when my mom tells me what to do.
  • I hate how people are going to be bolding 90% of this survey.
  • I hate when i listen to the radio and all the stations go to commercials at the same time.
  • I hate car air-fresheners.
  • I hate when you go to buy something at the store and you think it's on sale and when you get to register...it's not.
  • I hate when people touch my feet; like wtf?
  • I hate when people think blue eyes only look good on people with blonde hair.
  • I hate basketball.
  • I hate snobby people.
  • I hate when you see homeless people on the side of the road and they are in their twenties and have no reason why they can't be working at burger king or something.
  • I hate the smell of the doctor's office.
  • I hate when people scream like idiots at the tv when watching sports.
  • I hate people who smoke weed non-stop.
  • I hate sleeping with a fan blowing on me.
  • I hate washing laundry.
  • I hate pasta.
  • I hate when old people act like bitches.
  • I hate when people make you feel bad for them.
  • I hate when people wear pj's in public.
  • I hate when people are covered in tattoos.
  • I hate when people raise their kids telling them pink is girl and blue is boy.
  • I hate the smell of vanilla candles.
  • I hate pac/sun (the store).
  • I hate nike sneakers.
  • I hate when people are snobby over the internet because they have a popular website.
  • I hate tumblr famous kids.
  • I hate katy perry as a person, but her music is fun.
  • I hate going to bed early.
  • I hate my hair color.
  • I hate nicole richie.
  • I hate when people take the internet too seriously.
  • I hate when people WRITE IN ALL CAPS.
  • I hate when people T4Lk Lyk3 Di$.
  • I hate when people act ghetto but are from nice neighborhoods.
  • I hate swimming.
  • I hate lakes, and think they are dirty.
  • I hate talking on the phone.
  • I hate when people call your house and don't speak the same language and get mad when you can't understand them.
  • I hate how much attention kim k@rd@shi@n gets.
  • I hate when people have friend-lock activated on their xangas.
  • I hate how packed the apple store is.
  • I hate grocery shopping.
  • I hate the movie the notebook.
  • I hate amusement parks.
  • I hate the summer heat.
  • I hate when people run from bees like it's the end of the world.
  • I hate justin bieber.
  • I hate my job.
*edited 5/15 to block searches on this term --gah

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I don't even know where to start. I guess I'll leave it at: I'm going to break this into individual pieces. It rocks!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.