Monday, February 6, 2012

i see my red door and must have it painted black.

(from here)
Another title I did NOT make up....

Where did the majority of your clothes come from?
The top three are probably Kohl's, Old Navy and VS.

Do you have a dreamcatcher?
Not anymore, but I can probably make one if you want (and if you have some grapevine and animal sinew).

What's your favorite thing you own that YOU made?
This house?

What movie character would you like to be a part of your family?
I sorta feel like Ryan Bingham uses this address as his maildrop some weeks.

What's the last thing you were an audience for?
I often feel like I'm watching some sort of drama being acted out at work....

Would you be afraid to take a public bus anywhere?
I have used city buses without fear, except the fear of looking stupid because I don't know the fare or where I'm going. I wouldn't want to take a bus in certain areas of certain cities, or do Greyhound anywhere either.

Does Justin Bieber look a bit like Zac Efron?
They had the same general hairstyle at the same general age, but otherwise, not really.

What's in your copy and paste?
My work website. Yeah, based on the last few days' comments about my boss, I'm not likely to share that, am I?

Have you ever accidentally taken a shower with, like, your underwear left on, or something?
I actually have started to get in while wearing underwear or my glasses, usually when I'm really feeling dirty and needing a shower badly.

Have you ever seen someone who wore a real eyepatch?
My dad had a very uncool, medical eyepatch after his surgery. And I've known a couple of people with fake eyeballs, but I don't remember anyone who wore a patch all the time.

What's your favorite ride at an amusement park?
I really love Ferris wheels. Don't mind most roller-coasters either. Not a big fan of anything that spins me very fast though.

Do you like dubstep? It's not my favorite, but I'll listen to it on occasion.

Have you any friends that are twins?
Yes. Most of them are quite a bit younger than me though.

Are you an envious person?
Not particularly, usually.

What's the coolest thing you've EVER seen?
EVER?! I can't possibly pick one. Watching Sparky grow up is pretty cool though.

Have you ever seen an exotic animal in the wild?
How exotic? I've seen lots of deer, coons, foxes, skunks, possums, etc. around here.
I have visited a wild animal park where the animals were allowed to roam freely: tigers, elephants, giraffes, etc.

Are you sexually frustrated?
Not as a rule.

Have you ever slid down a flight of stairs on something?
Not intentionally, no. My eldest nephew, James, used to slide down the steps from the second floor of his house on cardboard or his shins. That cured me of wanting to experience this.

Do you go sledding in the winter?
No. I don't like being out in the cold generally; brings on the whole asthma thing.

Would you rather a guy have 'girl-lips', or super, super thin lips?
WTF are "girl-lips"? Are thinner lips now "boy-lips"? I think you need to look around and see how many men have plumper lips and how many women look lovely without poofy lips.

Where do you part your hair?
I actually don't, usually. It falls in the center of my scalp naturally.

What makes you think someone is skanky, automatically?
If I can see more than an accidental peek of underwear (male or female). If there are more tattoos than natural skin on view. If there are more than a couple of piercings on (or in) the FACE (not ears). If they exhibit an attitude of entitlement while being completely stupid.

Do guy's Adams apple's gross you out?
I have to say that for the most part I don't even notice this, unless it is particularly prominent.

When you go to the beach, are you swimming, tanning, playing, or searching for shells?
Walking, sitting, sunning, playing Frisbee....

Have you heard the song Sail by AWOLNATION?
Doesn't ring any bells.

Have you seen that commercial telling you not to call things you don't like 'gay'? Do you call things you don't like 'gay'?
I don't think I've seen any ads like this, but I think calling things you don't like "gay" is, well, stupid.

Have you ever been in a courtroom? What for?
My mom worked for the county courts, so I think I was in a(n empty) courtroom when I was pretty young. And I was called for jury duty and made it to voir dire twice.

Is there any item of clothing that you already have too much of but still continue to buy?
I have a large drawer STUFFED with T-shirts. I must STOP BUYING THEM!!

How many different pairs of sunglasses do you own?
My glasses are tinted to change in the sun, so I don't own any separate sunglasses.

Specifically describe your skin-tone?
It's very pale pink with darker pink and/or reddish areas, with frequent freckles.

Name of the weirdest film you've ever seen:
Either "Orlando" or "Working Girls."

Do you know anyone who doesn't have eyebrows, and just draws them on?
I think a couple of older women at church draw them on. I try not to look....

Have you ever had a bonfire on the beach?
Actually, I don't believe I have.

Are you skilled when it comes to working in the kitchen?
Am I skilled? I know my way around, but it's not something I enjoy. On the other hand, I threw a decent meal together last week without a recipe and random ingredients: defrosted chicken breast, water, beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, frozen mixed veggies, various spices, and Worcestershire sauce. Turned out pretty good, too.

When was the last time you went to a campground? The last time I slept in a tent was probably 10 years ago. I nearly froze. In August.

Do you listen to music while driving? Music, or a book on CD, or sometimes NPR.

Is there a movie you currently want to see?
Not really, no.

When was the last time you hung out with people younger than you?
Sunday School this morning. Alex plonked herself on my lap at every opportunity today; I think she's 4 or 5. I was the oldest person in the room by at least a decade, including all the teachers.

What is the closest blue object to you? I'm sitting on the couch surrounded by stuff. Closest would either be the couch or the laptop on my (ahem) lap.

How much did you spend on your last shopping trip? I spent $65 on 'groceries' for Sparky yesterday and another $100 on his birthday present: inline skates.

Do you wish you had a better cellular plan?
I occasionally wish I had a data plan, but it's not that big a deal.

Are you good at buying gifts for people?
I have been known to hit a home run or two. But it's not something I find very easy or fun, necessarily.

Would you consider yourself to be generous?
Sometimes, yes.

Have you ever received an autograph from a celebrity?
I went to a book signing specifically to obtain an autograph from an author for a friend. Otherwise, no.

When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
Been awhile.

Are you currently studying for your driver's license?
No. I'm hoping to keep my record blank for another 7 weeks or so in order to see the ticket from my accident last year be expunged.

Are you in a relationship with the last person you kissed?
You could say that; we're married.

Ever done something that at the time didn't bother you, but it did later?
All the time. ALL the time.

Can you honestly say you've been drunk before?
Yes, I honestly CAN say that!

Where did you get your last bruise from?
A too-sharp turn while carrying laundry baskets downstairs has left me a nice 3-inch-by-1-inch line on my thigh.

Have you ever argued with a person of authority, and won?
I don't know how one defines "won" in this case. You can win an argument and lose a lot more than that. But yes. And no.

Is there a certain color of eyeshadow you prefer, if you wear eyeshadow?
If I could, or bothered to, wear eyeshadow it would be something in the browns or very slightly greens.

Have you ever been addicted to mints?
Uhm, no?

Are you a person that likes to take chances?
Not like I used to, but sometimes I pop off in ways I wish I could control better.

Would you consider your life to be great right now?
MY life is pretty good, but there are outside pressures that are not great.

Do you have a piece of technology that should be dead, but it's still going?
"Technology"? "Should be dead"? I have stuff designed in my grandparents' era (early to mid-20th century) that still works and is usable. If we're talking electronics...yeah, probably some of that too. There's this hand-held football game from about 1980...I think it still works.

When it rains, does it put the damper on your mood?
If it lasts all day, yes.

What was the latest you stayed up in the past week? I've been up till midnight or 1 a.m. at least 4 of the last 7 nights.

Have you had an awkward situation with someone recently?
I feel awkward around people on a regular basis. It no longer bothers me much.

Do you always seem to be losing your bobby pins?
Nope. I don't use them very often.

When was the last time you found something overwhelming?
Life is pretty overwhelming on a regular basis lately. I'm just taking small bites and trying not to look at the big picture stuff.

Going anywhere next year for vacation?
No freakin' idea what we're doing.

Ever sent drunk texts?
No, this is one of those times when I'm glad there were no cell phones when I was younger....

Do you remember the dream you had last night?
Not sure I dreamed last night. It wasn't one of my best nights; woke up feeling like death.

How many dresses do you own?
I think I have 4 or 5, two of which are bridesmaid dresses.

Do any of your friends seem like a brother or sister to you?
A couple of them, yes.

What bothers you more, cigarette smoke or cigar smoke?
Depends on the cigars, but generally cigarette smoke is the absolute worst.

What do you think of Leonardo DiCaprio?
I don't understand how people think he's attractive, but he is a pretty good actor.

Have you ever seen a movie that messed with your mind?
Most (good) movies do just that.

Do you look good in hats?
I feel weird in hats, since I rarely wear one. Don't know about how I look, to be honest.

Can you see a noticeable difference between DVD and Blu-ray?
Haven't seen a Blu-Ray yet.

Is there a song you're currently listening to on repeat?
Nope. I don't often do this anymore.

Are you going to make a mega wish at 11:11 on 11/11/11?
No, as usual, I missed the boat on this.

Speaking of numbers, do you have a lucky one?
I don't think so. I have some favorite numbers.

What do you think of musical artists who use autotune?
If they don't rely on it because they are supremely untalented, I'm not too fussed by it.

Have you ever held hands with someone for no reason?
"For no reason" no. There's always a reason, even though it may not be mine. I held Beast's hand after tucking him in tonight for a few minutes, till he stopped moaning and dropped off into sleep.

Has anything surprised you today?
Well, Alex parking on my lap was a surprise--she's pretty shy but I guess I'm familiar 'enough' for her by now. And Beast's immediate crashing into restless dozing at 5:20 as the Super Bowl started was startling.

When was the last time you played a video game?
I play Facebook games regularly, but otherwise it's been quite awhile.

Have you ever just watched flames from a fire & just thought about things?
Yup. It's one of my favorite activities.

Are there any musical albums coming out soon that you can't wait for?
Nope.

Have you talked to your significant other today?
Uhm, yeah. More today than a couple of days earlier this week when he was wrecked from the flu.

Have you ever sat down and eaten an entire cake by yourself?
Holy shit, even I haven't done that!

Do you have perfect vision? I haven't had perfect vision since I was single-digit-aged.

Is there something you want to buy right now?
I'd like to buy a personal physician for Beast.

Do you know anyone who can speak Gaelic?
No. Sigh.

When it comes to eye color, do you have a preference?
In others? Not really. I like my hazel eyes though.

What was the most unique pet you've owned?
I guess zebra finches....

Is your hair currently dyed?
Yes.

Has something annoyed you recently?
Work is VERY annoying right now. Hadn't you noticed??

Do you like Doritos?:
Yes.

When you buy clothes, do you always try them on first?
Usually. Except Tshirts and some sweaters.

Have you used bugspray recently?:
It's February. So, yeah, NO.

Do you enjoy swimming in the ocean?:
I like the ocean. I can't swim.

Have you ever bitten through your lip by accident?
So tempting to answer this with "No. But I do it all the time on purpose!"
And, no.

Are you good at coming up with dares?
No. In reality I'm way too nice.

Is there somewhere in the world you would never go?
I have no real interest in India, southeast Asia, or Antarctica.

Have you ever tried to sew or knit anything?
Not only have I tried, I have accomplished both sewing and knitting something. Can't crochet though; sorry.

Has someone ever told you something that left you speechless?
I work with the public: 'speechless' happens semi-regularly.

Do you find yourself to be a believer in love at first sight?
I've never experienced it, but I believe others have. And this question is phrased really oddly.

Or perhaps, do you believe that there's that "someone" out there for you?
I abstain. Courteously.

Does money really matter to you?:
It matters a great deal, but I have the luxury not to have to worry incessantly about it.

Is there something you want to do, that you swear you will, no matter what?
Yes. It's how I operate, actually.

Do you know anyone who is a germaphobe?
Yup. My boss and lots of (other) wackadoodle patrons at work.

Have you ever just laid out and watched the stars?
Did this a lot as a teen. Haven't done it much since.

How about a song that soothes your anger or sadness?
"Amazing Grace."

Have you ever cheated at a card game?
Yup.

Tell me what colors you're wearing right now?
Blue jeans and a tan and greeny-brown striped top, tan earrings.

Have you ever wandered around drunk with your friend?
Oy, flashbacks to teens and early 20s.

Are you longing for the day that you'll be an adult (If you're not already)?
I don't like being an adult; can I retract my childhood longings to be one?

Have you ever felt like your heart actually stopped?
Yes. It's quite scary.

{{break for sleep, and right back to it}}

Are you a fast runner?
Not anymore. Used to be.

What's something you've vowed to never eat?
Rocky Mountain Oysters.

What emotions do you associate with the color blue?
Calm, relaxation, warmth. I know: it's not exactly what the designers tell you blue "means" is it?

Do you have a "poker face"?
Apparently so.

Are you good at holding back your laughter if needed?
Not really. I mean, I can up to a point, but rarely see the need to.

Do any of your friends shamelessly burp or fart in public?
Yes. Yes they do, at least within small public groups. I know a lot of teens, yo.

When was the last time you had a good cry?
Within the last couple of weeks. Had a little pity-party already this morning, even.

Has anyone ever told you they wanted to marry you?
Yes.

Is there a soundtrack to a movie that you absolutely love?
I love old Hollywood musical soundtracks. Modern movies, not so much.

Do you have a place where you keep your keepsakes?
Not one place. Well, I guess "inside the house" (or car), but otherwise, there's not a shrine or anything.

Have you ever had a "thumb war" with someone?
A couple of times when Sparky was much younger.

What's your favorite style of jeans (Skinny, boot cut, flare, etc.)?:

Have you ever owned a diary/journal with a lock and key?
Yes. My first real diary had a key. Lunatic, really, since I was the only kid in the house and I'm sure my parents could've cared less what I was writing. [cue Bill Cosby's comments on the last kid just needing to be QUIET, etc.]

Do you have trouble sleeping if you sleep anywhere else but home?
I used to have trouble sleeping the first night I was in a strange bed. Not any more. I can sleep anywhere, and just about any time.

Have you ever been so unfortunate to suffer from a hangover?
{{snort}} Uh, yeah.

Do any of your friends have particularly annoying habits?
All of them have endearingly annoying habits of various types. But then, so do I, so we're even.

Is there someone you know who can never mind their own business?
Only, like, EVERYONE I work with.

If you need a job, will you take whatever you can get?
No. Well, yes, if I'm down to my last dime, but I would at least winnow out the ones I'm clearly unable to do, like ditch-digging and welding.

When you were little, what movie did you watch over and over?
I had to watch movies "over and over" whenever the networks chose to air them. I saw Wizard of Oz several times, Sound of Music a few times, Dr. Zhivago and Gone With the Wind often.... Oh, and of course The Ten Commandments every other day (it seemed like).

Do you rely on caffeine to keep you awake sometimes?
Most every day.

When it comes to tests or exams, are you a crammer?
I don't get tested (this way) very often anymore, so no. In college, I did some cramming. I remember pacing around my empty dorm room reciting Spanish authors and their pertinent info for a lit class I took my sophomore year literally cramming dates and genres etc. into my brain for the test the next day: "Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer, 1836-1870, mostly poetry, post-romantic, Rimas and Narraciones..." There were some other classes too, but mostly I just knew the stuff and had to look over notes.

Time goes by faster as you get older, don't you find?
Yes. Weird.

Have you ever had a panic attack?
I don't think I've ever done a full-on panic attack, but there've been numerous anxiety attacks in my past. Thank God for meds!

Do you own anything made of silk?
Yup.

Is there anyone you know who looks like their dog?
Heh, yes. One of the people nearby who walks her dog daily. The dog is cuter....

Are you deathly allergic to anything?
Not in the sense of having a tiny bit of it kill me, but over-exposure to dander, morphine, or assorted growing things would certainly be enough to make me very sick.

Have you ever had a mouse in your house?
When we first moved in here we had mice. Hey, up until then, it really WAS their turf anyway. And we do have rodents of the pet variety now....

Has anyone you trusted ever backstabbed you?
FOOK yeah!

Do you know what you want for your dream house?
The house I'm living in--aside from the fact that it needs a good scrubbing from top to bottom--is pretty close to my dream house. I'd replace the kitchen counters and do something different with the main stairs, but otherwise: perfect.

Have you ever seen the movie the Notebook?
No. I believe I read the book, in one sitting, in the children's room while waiting for Sparky's storytime to be over. It was...awful.

Trying to put yourself in someone's shoes can be difficult at times, true?
Depends on what shoes and whether I own a similar pair of my own.
Yes, that would be metaphor.

If you download torrents, what torrent program do you use?
I don't.

If you go to school, will this year be different?
I don't, and yes.

Do you own a trenchcoat?
Sort of. Haven't worn it in years. Should probably get rid of it.

The last person you kissed, have they ever done something special for you?
Yes. It would be a sad life if the person you were married to never did anything special, eh?

Do you know anyone who DOESN'T have an ex?
I know, as I've mentioned, a LARGE number of children. So, then, yes.

Are you able to count to ten in another language?
Definitely in at least one.

Is anyone you know really religious?
Sure.

Can you sing?
Yes.

Have you ever read "Gone With the Wind"?
I'd seen the movie first, but I tried to read the book in junior high. When she married Rhett finally, I gave up. What a bitch.

If you look back at pictures of yourself from years ago, do you hate it?
They are so much better--except some of the teenage ones--than those taken now....

Have you ever used the photo editing site "Picnik"?
Nope.

Is there someone that likes you and won't leave you alone?
Beast? And, frankly, most of my friends, thank God!

Has an animal ever taken a strong dislike to you?
Not that I've worried about. Cats are that way sometimes, no?

When was the last time someone gave you a handwritten letter?
After Christmas. And she didn't "give" it to me; she mailed it.

Has someone ever told you how they felt about you in a letter?
I have a box--a large-ish one--full of these from college.

Have you ever told someone else how you felt about them in a letter?
The ones I sent back to Beast are in that same large-ish box. And yes other people too.

Do you find emails to not be as personal as letters?
I don't.

Enough about letters, have you ever broken the law?
If speeding counts. And I did my share of shoplifting as a small child till I realized the guilt wasn't worth it.

Have you ever attempted to cut your own hair?
Hasn't every little girl done this??

Has speaking in front of people ever made you sick?
Nope. Nervous, but not that bad. I had a friend in school who did get that nervous.

Do you follow a lot of bands and musicians on MySpace?
MySpace? Is it still around?

What was the last movie that made you teary-eyed?
I pretty much cry at some point in every movie.

Do you find you have a lot of notebooks that aren't close to being filled?
Yup. Some quite elderly ones.

Do you love ice cream cake more than normal cake?
Nope.

Do you sometimes write "lol" when in reality, you aren't laughing?
Sometimes, but not often. OK, it really means "smiling" to me.

Have you had a piece of jewelry that turned your skin green?
When I was a child, yes.

Do you check your email daily?
Of course. I'm old. I hear that email is dead, but it still seems to be functioning well for me.

Your significant other, are they shorter, taller or the same height as you?
Beast is about 4" taller than me, when he stands up straight...which isn't very often of late.

Is there a certain type of music you love but don't tell many people about?
I never have had a problem with disco, but apparently telling people is akin to admitting you like to read romances.

Do you know all the words to your national anthem?
Yes, and how to punctuate it too.

Have you ever breathed in helium?
Not for a very long time, and certainly not very often.

Are you currently hungry?
Nope, finally had some breakfast.

Do you try to be confident and positive about your future?
To be very honest, I've never spent a lot of time even thinking about the future. OK, that's the distant future--I tend to obsess about the immediate future.

The truth all comes out when someone is drunk, true?
No more so than when sober--just more baldly phrased.

Just a random question, but can you tap dance?
Like the other questions are NOT random??
No.

No one really bothers with the legal drinking age anymore, do they?
Well, yeah, actually they do.

When was the last time you felt disappointed in yourself?
It's a fairly regular occurrence. Maybe Thursday or Friday?

For you, do you commonly feel more jealousy or envy?
I guess of the two, jealousy, if only because that implies (to me) less permanence.

Do you rely on the heads/tails flipping of a coin sometimes for decisions?
Nope; too much hassle to get a coin out.

Have you ever owned a garden?
"OWNED"? I've had gardens as long as I've lived in houses; I'm much better with outside plants than houseplants.

Who was the last person to text you?
Sparky. I think. Yeah; it was about some stuff two weeks from yesterday.

Does a blank sheet of paper sometimes prove to be inspiring?
Never. Never-EVER.

For you, does comfort or fashion come first in dressing?
Comfort. And cuteness, not fashion, falls quite a ways down the list.

Have you had two friends that absolutely hated each other?
Hmm, not exactly. We have (had?) married friends who seem to hate each other, however not enough to get divorced.

Do you ever find yourself trying to be the referee amongst your friends?
No, it's why the verb in that previous answer is up for discussion.

Is there someone who always gives you inspiring advice?
Not...anymore.

Everyone has a role model. Who's yours?
My parents. Beast's parents. Various mentors at work.

Do you ever "play drums" on tables or other hard surfaces?
Occasionally.

Do you know anyone who has a scar through their eyebrow?
Yes. Reminders of piercings past.

Do you feel compelled to brush your hair hourly?
What? NO! I barely do it twice a day!

Who was the last person to flip you off?
No clue whatsoever.

Give me a list of the objects currently close to you?
To my left: Germ-X, DDP, gum, Cadbury bar, two coasters, two chapsticks, a tassel from one of the couch throws, nail clippers, two pencils, one pen, nail file, random paper, three CDs and a book. (that's the op of the table--not going to tell you what's on the bottom shelf)
To my right: TV remote, Kleenex, a renewal notice from Ms. Magazine, last year's datebook, two books, and my flight info for the conference a couple of weeks ago.

Are you doing anything the day after tomorrow? Bible Study, work, bells rehearsal.

Would you ever wear fake eyelashes?
Nope.

Do you make the effort to smile at people?
It's not THAT big of an effort, is it?

Are you good at following directions?
Yes.

Have you ever just screamed really loud in an attempt to feel better?
Yes. Doesn't work. Just makes my throat hurt.

Are you in any way still a child at heart?
Not many ways.

Quality triumphs over quantity, correct?
Depends on your goal. I mean, in sports at least, a score is a score; the more of them the better, regardless of the 'quality' of them.

Have you ever danced when there was no music playing?
There's almost always music playing in my head.

Do you have someone that you can just act a fool with and not care?
Oh thank GOD, yes!!

Have you ever listened to the uilleann pipes (Irish pipes)?
Yes. Lovely. Maybe I should learn those instead of bagpipes.

From where you're sitting, can you touch a wall?
If I turned around I probably could.

Would you ever stand at the bow of a ship & yell, "I'm the king of the world"?
Uhm, no. That was not my favorite movie.

Do you know anyone who every second word they say seems to be a curse?
I won't know them well if this is an ongoing thing.

When at a restaurant, do you put your napkin on your lap?
As opposed to my head? Yes.

Is there a saying you always seem to be using?
Yup.

Is there currently any caffeine or alcohol in your system?
Caffeine. I haven't had anything to drink since Dallas a couple of weeks ago.

Do you prefer electric or manual pencil sharpeners?
I mostly use mechanical pencils, but I mostly use electric sharpeners anymore on those rare occasions when I sharpen.

Are your biceps at all noticeable?
Only for their very lack of definition.

Have you ever seen a walrus?
At the zoo. I think?

Do you have a preference: white erasers or pink erasers?
Pink. White erasers are a bit hard to find.

Did you ever have one of those easy bake ovens as a kid?
I did! I loved it! It was ridiculous, but fun: cooking by light bulb!

When it comes to dropping food, do you believe in the 10 second rule?
It's more like a 3-second rule for me.

When it comes to driving, do you know about the 2 second rule?
Yes, and I try to follow it, but most people seem not to.

If given the opportunity, would you ride on a camel?
Yeah. Once.

Do you believe that cell phones actually do cause cancer?
I believe evidence. Not sure I've seen enough to prove it, and I don't talk on my cell that often.

Is there anyone you know who won't get one because of this belief?
No. At least, no one has told me that's why.

When people you know cry, does it make you feel like crying too?
Only people I care about. Patrons cry at work once in awhile, but I usually don't have a vested interest; I feel bad for them, but not enough to cry.

Laughter is universally contagious, right?
Not mean laughter.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Is this the longest meme ever? I'm going to have to copy it and break it into parts.

Cat. said...

Sadly, there are longer memes on this blog.... ;-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.