Monday, January 2, 2012

Should Be Reading

(Link in meme-roll)
Musing Mondays

What is/are the first book(s) you’re reading for the new year?
  • From the Kingdom of Memory, by Elie Wiesel (essays/memoir)
  • Down These Strange Streets (ed. by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois) (short stories/fantasy)
  • An Echo in the Bone, by Diana Gabaldon (on CD) (historical fiction)
  • The Secret Life of Cowboys, by Tom Groneberg (memoir)
  • The Evolution of Faith : How God is Creating a Better Christianity, by Philip Gulley (theology)
  • Amos Walker: The Complete Story Collection, by Loren Estleman (on Nook) (short stories/mystery)
I'm going to try to get back to doing more reading this year, i.e., less internet time. That's not a resolution per se, just a goal. However, much as I'd like to claim that this long-even-for-me list of Books Currently in Progress was planned so that I could prove that I am going to read more in 2012, I didn't have any such sense of organization. No, I'm afraid that I just have at least one book in every room (plus the car), and that includes two books not listed here because I can't remember the titles and I'm too lazy to get up and look. One is a trivia book (hello, bathroom reading) and the other...well, hell, it turns out it's sitting right here:
  • History's Greatest Lies, by William Weir (uhm, yeah, history)
I got that for Christmas. There's another book I sorta started, but it's totally trivia, so I expect it'll end up in the bathroom eventually.

Now, to be fair, I didn't actually start any of these books in 2012. Technically, I haven't started a book yet this year. I think I should finish a couple of these first. Yes?

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.