Sunday, January 29, 2012

Saturday 9 (a day late)

(Link in meme-roll)
How Do You Mend a Broken Heart

1. How did you cope with your biggest heartache?
I cried. A lot. Buckets. Endlessly. At the drop of a hat. Eventually, I stopped crying. I got counseling. I managed the fallout the best way I could and distracted myself in ways both appropriate and not-so. And things got better, although there are still times I revert back to the early days and cry, but not as long, or hard.
2. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
I guess that would be FIL, in September, before he was released to hospice care.
3. How many jobs have you held in your life? How many of those were part of your chosen career field?
Innumerable babysitting jobs aside, and counting all the temping as "one job" since the temp agency paid me, I figure 12, and that includes two volunteer "jobs" that took a great deal of time but were unpaid. As for career-related, I would say five are directly library-related, but a couple of others gave me skills to deal better with the library world.
4. How did you discover Saturday 9?
I'm pretty sure it was through Bud. Or maybe Allison.
5. If you could take the train from anywhere to anywhere, where would 'anywhere' be?
First of all, I'm stipulating it wouldn't be an Amtrak train. I would love to just get a Eurail pass and meander around for a couple of weeks, stopping and starting as I felt like it. Or, ditto, Britrail.
6. When was the first time you cooked for someone else?
My mom wanted me to learn to cook. I remember getting a cookbook for Christmas/birthday when I was fairly young--8 or 10--and proudly making pancakes a couple of times for Sunday breakfast using the recipe in there. Then I got bored with the concept. I regularly helped Mom with Sunday dinner--my job was generally potato-peeling.
7. What is the worst beverage you've ever tasted?
I'm not a fan of beer. Or gin. And some water tastes awful; one example of that is St. Petersburg water, which is orange.
8. Is there anything in life you are "certain" about? Firm in your beliefs? Strong in your convictions?
I'm certain that as soon as I discover a "truth" it will prove itself mutable.
But I'm pretty sure that at least on Earth, gravity sucks.
9. Do you know anyone who has as very unusual pet?
Hmm, a coworker used to own a chinchilla (but she LOST IT--presumably somewhere in her house--and this is why I will NEVER VISIT HER, not wanting to smell the scent of old, dead chinchilla). And another coworker of mine has an unusually high number of critters--dogs, cats, guinea pigs, etc.--in her house. I can't think of anything who has copped to owning a cobra or an African elephant though.

3 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I don't like beer either. Ironic with my DJ handle, eh?

Kwizgiver said...

I love your Eurorail/Britrail answer. I didn't even think of that. It would be awesome to travel around at a leisurely pace.

Cat. said...

Bud: that is funny.

K: Yeah, euro trains are the best....sigh.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.