Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Madness Meme, Part 1

1. Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work?
I have not licked the CD itself, but I've licked my finger and wiped whatever dirt off that way. I don't do that anymore.
2. What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated?
Just about a year, if we're talking about actual dates. Otherwise, more like 4 years.
3. Ever been in a car wreck?
Yup. I'm up to two now.
4. Were you popular in high school?
Not bloody likely.
5. Have you ever been on a blind date?
Nope. Thank God.
6. Are looks important?
What universe do you live in that you even need to ask? Of course they are. Whether they should be is a completely different question.
7. Do you have any friends that you’ve known for 10 years or more?
At least 50 of the people on my Facebook friends list are people I went to school with. Since I've been done with all schooling for 24.5 years...yeah. Then there are the people in the community and church where I've spent the last 17 years. So, yeah, I guess I do hang on to friends for awhile usually.
8. By what age would you like to be married?
Uhm. This would have been a great question to ask me when I was a child.
9. Does the number of people a person’s slept with affect your view of them?
The fact that I know this much about a person says more than the actual number itself. It's either a sign of a close friendship, or a friend who really needs to learn to stop over-sharing.
10. Have you ever made a mistake?
No. Never.
11. Are you a good tipper?
Yup. I try to hit 18-20%.
12. What’s the most you have spent for a haircut?
I spend about $70 (+ tip) every 5-6 weeks on my hair. It's a cut-and-color so it's not quite as bad as it sounds, but it is pretty stupid. I need to stop coloring my hair.
13. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
No. Never.
14. Have you ever peed in public?
I use public restrooms, yes. And I grew up hiking in areas where public restrooms didn't exist, so yes again.
15. What song do you want played at your funeral?
I have a VERY long list. Basically, if you come to my funeral, pack your singing voice--you'll be needing it. I like Amazing Grace, A Mighty Fortress, Morning Has Broken, and Seek Ye, to name a few of the options.
16. Would you tell your parents if you were gay?
I would have. Eventually. By now, for sure. My family doesn't have a whole lot of unshared thoughts....
17. What would your last meal be before getting executed?
Cookies, cake, candy. Lots of it. Back up the semi!
18. Beatles or Stones?
Beatles. The Stones scare me! [Yes, I'm VERY aware of the subtext there, which is part of the point.]
19. If you had to pick one person on earth to die, who would it be?
Last I checked, we're all on that path. If you want me to name someone I wish would just shut the FUCK up, I can't narrow it down to one. We can start with Michelle Bachman, move on to everyone on Faux "News", and add all the smug people who think they've gotten where they are in life because they earned it all.
20. Beer, wine or hard liquor?
Yes. Well, ok, I don't like beer, so I'll make do with the others. Most of the time, I drink Stoli either with or without tonic.
21. Do you have any phobias?
Nope, as I say every time this question comes up on a meme, all my fears make perfect sense. To me, at least.
22. What are your plans for the future?
Well, in about 40 minutes I'll be switching out the laundry. I will eventually finish this bag of sea-salt-and-cracked-pepper potato chips next to me. The plan is to go to the eye doctor tomorrow. I work late Tuesday. Longer term, like by December, I'd like to have my job situation sorted out and my hours finalized. Really long term, hoping to get to Elizabeth's sometime next spring to see her (OMG!) 18-month-old son. All of that work for you?

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.