Sunday, November 6, 2011

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Sunday 7

Name the seven ways your job is most likely killing you.
  1. Toxic boss.
  2. Shift work hours.
  3. Indoor air quality (and I would append, temperature).
  4. Workplace incivility (I hasten to add that 98.3% of that is not from my coworkers!).
  5. Lack of exercise. *
  6. Chronic pain. *
  7. Lack of sufficient insurance (or other) benefits (not on the list).
My job is secure, but the lack of job security in my workplace and the ever-present push to reduce costs--when we already operate on a shoestring--is as difficult as the last 4 of the items on the list.
_______
* I will, however, add that this is as much my fault as my workplace's.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.