Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Melancholy Man

1. Are you more melancholy on occasion?
Of course! However, thanks to the truckloads of anti-depressants loading into the house, I no longer regularly feel compelled to slit my wrists.*
2. What did you think you looked like when you were a teenager?
As I recall--and since I was there, and since cameras had been invented and improved enough to be useful by the time I was a teen, I can go check if necessary--I looked like a skinny geek with glasses and short hair...when I wasn't being a skinny geek with glasses and two long ponytails covering my ears.
3. Whose advice are you least likely to listen to?
Most members of the public who arrive at the Reference Desk with questions. You wouldn't believe how many people come in looking for astrology books, or biographies of Miley Cyrus, or books on losing weight eating nothing but orange food, and then try to explain to me how to live my life.
4. Tell us about a job that you liked when you were younger.
I loved shelving books as a teenage wage slave at my public library. That was the fun part of the job.
5. Would you lie to someone if you knew the truth would end your friendship or relationship?
Would I?? More like, have I? Of course, in the long run, if you have to maintain a friendship by lying to that person, it's not going to work. It makes it difficult when you want to stay in contact with other family members of the friend in question....
6. What do you have little or no patience for?
Arrogance. And intentional stupidity. And intellectual dishonesty. So, that basically covers most politicians and news commentators.
7. What is there never enough hours in the day to do?
Lately, sleep.
8. What is the most productive thing that you accomplished in October?
I sorted through some long-term job goals, I didn't get sick, and I think I kept most of my commitments to the extent that life didn't interfere with them. Also, not punching that doctor in the ER a few weeks ago should count for something, shouldn't it? He really was a dick.
9. What have you always wanted to learn but haven't yet?
How to play bagpipes. And how to read Greek.
______
*This is known as black humor. I never wanted to slit my wrists. Mostly, I just cried copiously, often, and for no apparent reason ... that is, when I wasn't shouting like a fishwife at people I love.

1 sweet-talkers :

NVFP said...

:) Love your honesty!
I could do with more sleep too Zzzzzzz

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.