Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Questions Galore Meme, Part 3

41. What is a quote that you love? "Time wounds all heels."

42. Do you think of pure hate as something humanity created? How does one 'create' an emotional response? No. We are built that way.

43. When was the last time you wanted to scream? Well, I did some straight talking to the ER doc last night. So did Beast. The cops dealing with the drunk in the next cubicle came over and hushed us.

44. Do you ever at times see the world in black and white? If you mean metaphorically, then of course! How else would I ever make decisions? And winters around here frequently do look like black-and-white photos.

45. Have you ever thought that cell phones are too obtrusive? Only every-fucking-time someone ignores me to deal with their phone!

46. In your life, where do you thank the rainbow will end? In a cornfield.

47. What is something that you never want to do again? Give birth. Watch loved ones suffer. Fly Aeroflot. Eat Brussels sprouts. Pass a kidney stone.

48.When was the first time you realized the world was small? When I was a kid, as far as I could tell, the world WAS small! It was only after I left for college that I realized how big it really is.

49. How you spend your time contemplating life’s mysteries? Well, there is one of life's mysteries right there: the grammatical parsing of that sentence. I really don't spend time trying to solve the Big Questions; I'm more likely to be my own version of a FBO (faith-based organization).

50. Ever discuss your political beliefs with people? Only with people who aren't trying to convert me, or insult my intelligence. So, yeah, not too often.

51. Do you care about the environment? Of course. Who would answer this question "no" but a complete jerk?

52. What’s your motto for life? Get in, get out, try not to cause too much damage.

53. Is progress destroying the beauty of the world? Yes. GET OFF MY LAWN! [no, but lots of old people like to pretend it is]

54. Do you believe there is life somewhere else in the universe? Define your terms. "Universe." "Life." "Is." My answer, with my definitions, is yes.

55. Would you like to rule a country? Fuuuuuuuuck no! I can't even balance my own checkbook or decide what to have for dinner tonight!

56. Do you believe everything has a purpose? Not inherently. I think we imbue things with purposes; the things themselves just are.

57. Is war ever for the best? There are less damaging ways to solve problems. I don't think I can honestly say that war itself is the best answer, ever.

58. Could you kill anyone in defense of self or loved ones? You betcha! Came within sight of that last night, actually.

59. How do you react to people (such as Governor Rick Perry) who don't believe global warming is really our fault? He's s dick without a brain. Whaddaya expect?? I just don't talk to 'em about the subject.

60. Does love conquer all? I believe that if I ever stop believing that, I will be forced to slit my wrists and bleed out slowly.

61. Is euthanasia morally acceptable? Heh, nice timing on this, a very raw subject for someone who has more-or-less participated in the voluntary euthanasia of three people in the past 3 or so years.

62. Is world peace impossible? Yup. see #2.

63. Is pride a good or a bad thing? Yes. Moderation in all things is a good thing, including moderate pride. At least in the pride=self-esteem sense.

64.What do you think is the purpose of your life? I meme, therefore I yam.

65. Do you believe in karma? No. Yes. Kinda. Sorta. I've answered this question approximately 100 times on this blog. Feel free to search.

2 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

With #45- it's when they do it to text back and forth with someone else. And #65- so true!

Have a great rest of your weekend.
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/10/what-do-you-think-is-the-purpose-of-your-life/

Monday Mayhem is now posted!

Kwizgiver said...

There needs to be some cell phone rules for humanity. It's gotten ridiculous how people can't live without them.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.