Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween #1

(Swiped from Kwizgiver)

Which urban legend ghost scared the bejeesuz out of you when you were a kid? Well, there was the spooky road-car dying-scary guy with hook story. And the "bloody bones" repeater. I dunno--I guess the guy with the hook, but honestly, we retold that story so many times that I don't have a memory of being actually scared about it ever.

Which horror movie has the best premise? I've only seen Hitchcock horror movies. Psycho is pretty freaky. There was a black-and-white movie that I caught part of when I was really young that involved an old woman being stabbed in the throat with her knitting needles... I wasn't too excited about my mom's knitting for a long time after I saw that; I have no idea what movie that was, though.

What is the most disappointing “treat” to receive in your bag on Halloween night? I'd say it's a tossup between anything homemade or fresh (which had to be tossed), and badly-printed tracts detailing why I shouldn't be out collecting loot in the first place. I rarely got the latter, but I think I got at least one apple a year.
OH! And one year I got a toothbrush. Really? {head-desk}

What’s the best non-candy item to receive? Toys, I guess, though I don't remember ever getting any myself. Sparky got the occasional "dollar-store" thing.

Did a monster live in your closet when you were a child? When I was very young, yes. Once I moved into the bigger bedroom (after my brother moved downstairs) when I was 5 or 6, I think I was past that stage. Or maybe the monsters only lived in the other closet. :-)

Which supernatural creature sent chills up your spine when you were ten and still does? I didn't need supernatural creatures to scare me; reality was scary enough! That hasn't changed much.

Which supernatural creature makes you yawn? Most of them.

What’s your favorite Halloween decoration? I was always partial to skeletons.

If you could be anywhere on Halloween night, where would you be? Right here in my living room with big bowls of candy.

What’s the scariest book you’ve read so far this year? I haven't read anything that has scared me this year, but the latest Stephen King had some really spooky-fun bits.

Haunted houses or haunted hayrides? Being as how I'm usually one of the 'haunters' I prefer the haunted house: much less running around in the dark!

Which Stephen King novel/movie would you least like to find yourself trapped in? Hmm, speak of the devil.... heh I wouldn't want to be in any of them, but the protagonist in the short story "A Very Tight Place" would be the worst.

Which is creepiest: evil dolls, evil pets, evil children? Evil children: too close to reality.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I haven't read Stephen King for a couple of years, I should check out his new stuff.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.