Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
The Last DJ

1. Who was [your] favorite DJ and what radio station did you listen to as a kid?
I listened mostly to KHOW and KIMN, with forays into heavier rock on KBPI as I got older. The only DJ I remember by name was Steve Kelley (though, yeah, I had to go here to find his last name) because of his stunts. Unless Dr. Demento counts?
2. What has been the weirdest thing you have worn in public?
Uhm? "Weird" is not really a look I'm going for in public (or, really, anywhere else). I guess it would be the Halloween costume I wore all day at work c. 1990: torn up (flea market) dress, leggings, fake blood, dirt, makeup, and leaves in my hair. I was a zombie.
3. What was the best part of last weekend?
The fact that the funerals were over. And Sparky was home for 4 days.
4. What was the most effective punishment for you as a kid?
Threatening to spank me usually worked. At school, being called out in front of people was the one thing I feared; I craved lack of attention from my peers.
5. Would you lie to your significant other to not hurt their feelings?
Depends on the topic. I probably have done so over minor things like whether they look "fine" or not, but not over anything like "Do you think I have a drug problem?" If asked (IF) I would be honest.
6. We're taking you order for breakfast. What would you like?
Bagel with cream cheese and a couple of slices of bacon.
7. Do you celebrate Halloween? If yes, do tell. If no, why not?
We pass out candy during Trick or Treat hours. Maybe this year we'll actually have jack-o-lanterns again (last year we had a massive fail). And p'raps we'll have The Aimster over for the weekend?
8. Do you hand out candy to the neighborhood kids?
Uhm, yeah. No tracts, no "health food"--just handfuls of candy. Yup yup yup.
9. What's the favorite age you've been, so far?
I am partial to 8. I don't remember being a neurotic mess at that age. Yet.

3 sweet-talkers :

amy said...

And to think, I'd been wondering how to get out of Dodge for that time period--it's that godawful time of year again, and I'm sure that the new neighborhood will be filled with extra snack-grubbing germ-vendors. *ugh* Maybe I should bring cookie-making goods... :)

Cat. said...

nice: "snack-grubbing germ-vendors" lol

amy said...

Today's word of the day from alphadictionary.com = 'curmudgeon'. No doubt about whose spirit I'm channeling, eh?

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.