Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday Thunks

(Link in meme-roll)
Back to High School

1. Who was your best friend?
Depending on the venue, it was Laura, Beth, or Teri.
2. Did you play any sports?
Nope. I got sports out of my system in middle school.
3. What kind of car did you drive?
My parents' cars. Dad had a Chevey Malibu station wagon, Mom had a Toyota Corolla and later a Subaru on which I learned to drive stick.
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you?
At the football games in fall--I was in band. Band was H-U-G-E at my school, and we played in the stands at the games and marched at halftime. The rest of the year, I was at home desperately trying to find something--ANYTHING!--to watch on TV on Friday nights. Except, I suppose, those very rare Friday nights when I had  a date.
5. Were you a party animal?
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK no.
6. Were you considered hot?
Even less so than the answer immediately prior to this. I was a geeky, glasses-wearing, skinny (not in a good way) brainiac.
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir?
I was in Band, Wind Ensemble, and the orchestra for the musicals.
8. Were you a nerd?
Uh, yes, I think we've established this. For heaven's sake, I took a programming class in high school, in 1981!!
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled?
No. Cuz, see, I didn't want to be skinned alive by my parents. Why borrow trouble?
10. Can you sing the fight song?
"Come on E--, Come on E--, fight right through that line! With your colors flying high, we'll win them every time, rah rah rah. Come on E--, Come on E--, fight for future fame. Fight, fellas, fight fight fight, we'll win this game! [shout] Fight! Fight! Fight Fight Fight!"

Oddly, when Sparky's school chose their fight song three years ago (when the school opened), they chose 'On Wisconin' as the basis in spite of CLEARLY not being in Wisconsin (neither was my high school). I guess that's just an easy tune, eh?

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.