Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Hey Nineteen

1. What was the best thing about being 19?
Let's see: I turned 19 when I was a freshman in college, near the end of my first semester which was full of homesickness. By January, I was over that and fully engaged in the drama of college. The state raised the drinking age (to 19) about a month before my birthday, so I was still allowed to drink. Which I did, though not to excess--that didn't commence till sophomore year, as I recall. I think that was a pretty good year, all the way round.
2. Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?
Someplace noisy and bustling, and public. If I'm home alone and it is quiet, I just want to read or sleep.
3. Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when...
...I realize how much weight I've gained this year.
4. Name 3 fads from your teenage years.
Feathered bangs, disco dancing, and pop rocks.
5. What's the best birthday present you've ever had?
I got a cowboy hat and boots for my 17th birthday (I think, maybe 16?). Loved those things. When I went to college, I brought the boots--they were 100% out of fashion so I got rid of them. I've wanted them back for decades.
6. What's your oldest possession?
The thing I've owned the longest is my little pink furry mouse, purchased at Denver Union Station when I was 5 or so. The oldest THING I own...is...probably some of the pictures from my grandparents. There may be some old knick-knacks in those boxes too; I haven't checked. And actually, there may be some old stuff from Beast's parents' house I don't even know about.
7. Do you have any phobias?
I don't think so, not really. I don't like big crowds or bugs, but I'm not phobic about them.
8. This is pretty much the start of Spring (regardless of the snow in the east this week!); what's on your to-do list for the next few weeks to transition away from this long Winter we've been having?
I have GOT to weed the garden before the stupid things take over! And the windows need washing. I don't know when I'm going to DO this, since we'll be gone for two weeks this month, but...
9. Which of the 50 states in the U.S. would you rather die than live in?
I'm not much of a fan of Wyoming--yes, I've been there, multiple times. Or Utah. Wyoming is the landscape and near-constant wind and the sheer lack of culture; Utah is the people in Salt Lake who are beyond rude, and the whole Mormon thing. Sorry, showing my prejudice, eh?

2 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Kathy's sister in Mormon. they'd be a strange bunch, indeed...

Kwizgiver said...

I had a hard time answering the last question because I haven't traveled enough out west.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.