Friday, April 29, 2011

Rock 'n Roll Fridays

(Link in meme-roll)
The "Happy Together Tour" Bands

1. THE TURTLES… Happy Together …”Imagine me and you, I do, I think about you day and night, it’s only right…”
Who was the last person you thought about day and night?
Unfortunately, probably someone to do with work. I really have no life, do I?
2. THE TURTLES… Eleanor … “They’ll turn the lights down way low and maybe we won’t watch the show…”
What was the last movie you made out to?
Good Lord, I've been married nearly 25 years. I can't remember that far back! I'm not even sure I ever did this!
3. THE TURTLES… She’d Rather Be With Me… Me oh my, lucky guy is what I am, tell you why you’ll understand, she don’t lie although she can”
Has someone ever left another person to be with you?
Well, to hear L!inda Schm!d, Beast dumped her to date me. News to Beast--he didn't know anything about it, since he couldn't stand her.
4. THE BUCKINGHAMS… Hey Baby They’re Playin Our Song… “Hey baby they’re playin our song, the one we used to hear when we used to get along”
What song did you love to hear in your most recent relationship?
I refuse to answer this question on the grounds...well, on so many different grounds. Be assured though, I wouldn't be picking a Styx or Boston song.
5. THE BUCKINGHAMS… Susan … “Susan, do ya have to be confusin’, I’m losin my mind….”
Who is the most perplexing celebrity to you?
ALL of them. [Also, I'm almost sure I've never heard this song in my life.]
6. THE BUCKINGHAMS… Kind Of A Drag… “Kind of a drag, when your baby don’t love you, kind of a drag when you know she’s been untrue…”
What’s been kind of a drag for you lately?
Work. She has been an unbelievable bitch this week.
7. THE ASSOCIATION… Never My Love… How can you think love will end when I’ve asked you to spend your whole life, with me…”
How do you react to a break up?
I have no idea. I'm sure there is weeping in the mix.
8. THE ASSOCIATION… Windy… “and Windy has stormy eyes that laugh at the sun up high and Windy has wings to fly above the stars…”
What is the worst downwind you have ever been in?
Greeley, Colorado. The city is surrounded by feed lots. I think if the wind blows from the northeast, the air is clear. Otherwise--unbearable.
9. THE ASSOCIATION… Goodbye Columbus … “It’s a lucky day just for changing leavin the old world behind, lucky day for walkin a new road, just to clear your mind…”
What do you do when you’re overly happy?
Dance around and act like a total moron. I'm sure I'm just as annoying as everyone else is when THEY are overly happy and I'm not.
10. THE GRASS ROOTS… Let’s Live For Today… “I think of all the worries people seem to find, and how they’re in a hurry to complicate their mind, By chasing after money and dreams that can’t come true, I’m glad that we are different, we’ve better things to do…”
How are you different from your significant other?
Well, he's male and I'm not. He's analytical, I'm emotional. He's garrulous, I'm chatty (they ARE different). He's serious, I'm flaky.
11. THE GRASS ROOTS… Midnight Confession… “In my midnight confession when I tell all the world that I love you…”
What is your confession this week?
I don't want to be here. I want to be on vacation. And this afternoon it was a squeak of a decision to come back from my lunch break. Haven't cried about work in months...till this morning. I work with a couple of real fucktards.
12. MARK LINDSAY (Paul Revere & The Raiders)… Miss America … “Do you miss America, miss America, miss America, I know I do…”
Do you believe we should still have Miss America pageants?
I could not possibly care less. And what a retarded-sounding song, another one I don't believe I've ever heard. I actually prefer Styx' version of "Miss America."
13. MARK LINDSAY Arizona … “Arizona, cut off your Indian braids, Arizona, hey won’t you go my way…”
Have you ever cut your hair or shaved a mustache/beard for someone else?
Kind of. When Sparky was young, I had my hair cut VERY short because I got tired of him pulling on it, and I didn't have the energy for dealing with 'real hair.'

2 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I'd bet you real cash that you've heard "Susan". I mean REAL cash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIacsdOfKAQ

Cat. said...

How much cash are we talking about? :-) I just listened to it--completely unfamiliar.

I've noticed over the years that songs that are huge everywhere never get off the ground in some places. Sometimes it's a local thing (Styx is (still) HUGE around here, for instance, bigger than big; so is Cheap Trick); sometimes it's just random. I know when I went to college 1000 miles from home 30 years ago, the stuff on the radio had quite a different tone from home. WAY more Duran Duran; a LOT less crossover-country.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.