Saturday, April 30, 2011

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday 6

1. Which room of your home tends to be the messiest?
They're all a little trashed right now because we still have vacation stuff lying around, as well as things to handle that happened while we were gone. I'd say the worst room would either be the kitchen (the island is heaped) or the office (which, frankly, is no worse than usual).
2. Which room of your home tends to be the neatest?
The rooms we don't use stay fairly tidy. Actually, it's probably the living room, since we notice the crap laying around more quickly.
3. If you decided you needed to get rid of everything that you no longer want, would you need a bathroom-sized trash can, a kitchen-sized trash can, a yard-sized trash can, or a dumpster?
Dumpster. We live in a three-bedroom house with a cram-jammed basement. I'll just start with the fact that Beast still has his college textbooks....
4. If you could get any room spotless and keep it that way for a year, which room would you choose?
The kitchen. For hygiene reasons alone.
5. Have you ever had a maid? Would you consider hiring one to help you get your clutter under control?
We had a cleaning lady for a few years, but she really ONLY did cleaning*: mopping, dusting, etc. The clutter remained in our purview, so we spent an hour every week maniacally tidying the house so she could clean. That actually helped keep things under control, though. She took a full-time office job several years ago and things have gotten a little less tidy around here (ahem).
6. Which desk is messier: your desk at the office or your desk at home?
My desk at home is an unceasing paper magnet. It doesn't help that it's right next to Beast's 'home office' and he tends to smoodge over onto my desk for the extra space. Once Sparky's gone, we'll be having some discussions about reworking that so he can just USE my desk and I'll put my crap elsewhere.
___
*I want to clarify something here: there's untidy, and then there's DIRTY. I think it's worth making this distinction because I spent years killing myself trying to live up to my mom's standards in cleanliness before I noticed that my house growing up was always cluttered and untidy in certain areas. My house isn't DIRTY, for the most part--though my mother would be horrified at how little time I spend cleaning (as in 'washing things' like windows, floors, counters, walls...). We have a clutter problem, things are untidy and somethings never get 'put away' (because, really, they don't have an 'away' location), but the biggest danger in our house has nothing to do with hygiene or things falling on us because they are stacked so high.

1 sweet-talkers :

Patrick said...

Good point on the difference between cluttered and dirty. I have very little that's "dirty," but a great deal that's "clutter." I'm working on both.

Thanks for playing, Cat!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.