Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Queen's Meme

(Link in meme-roll)
The Green Meme

1. Do you recycle?
Yes, we do. Not to the degree that we probably could, but we've got extra buckets. I keep saying I'm going to start a compost pile, but I haven't yet.
2. Have you ever hung clothes on a line instead of using the clothes dryer?
That's mostly how my mom dried clothes when I was a kid. We have never lived in a house with a clothesline, and I'm pretty sure they're illegal in our subdivision. And anyway, I'm allergic to grass, so hanging out my clothes would be stupid.
3. Do you walk or bike to work to save energy?
I work 9 miles from work and right now the high daily temps are in the upper 30s. So no. In the summer, I wouldn't because of the country roads I'd have to deal with.
4. Do you use a water filter for your tap water or do you buy bottled water?
We have a well. And a water softener. And a filter in the fridge for the water in the door. But I drink tap water daily.
5. How many trees do you kill each year buying new books?
Not many. I use library books almost exclusively. Doesn't everyone?
6. Have you ever considered recycling your cellphone?
Yup. We mostly do, but at the phone store, not in public.
7. All you need are a few simple non-toxic ingredients like baking soda, vinegar, lemon, and soap to clean your home. Are you willing to throw away the bottled chemicals?
You left out one ingredient: elbow grease. Lots and lots of elbow grease. And for that reason, I tend to only use green products on lightweight dirt.

2 sweet-talkers :

Anonymous said...

Libraries rule!!!

Durward Discussion said...

Everyone should give their libraries a great big hug. I'm going through this meme recommending indoor collapsible drying racks. They are excellent for cold climates and apartments and it cuts down on dryer time and electricity bills.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.