Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wednesday Wickedness

(Link in meme-roll)
a day late
Ronald Reagan
I should warn readers that I couldn't, and can't, stand Reagan so if you are a fan, this is your warning to stop reading now.

1. A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?
Are you concerned about mankind's intrusion into forests and jungles?
Well, this comment explains James Watt as Secretary of Interior. Betcha Reagan would have been kinda pissed off if he had run out of trees to cut down on his ranch....
2. All great change in America begins at the dinner table.
What is the biggest change that you've seen in your lifetime with the U.S?
I don't remember this--my first political memories surround Watergate--but I know that in my early years there was a lot more respect for and expectations of our political leaders. Our expectations and respect have dropped to nil.
And of course, food has changed a lot too.
3. All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk.
Do you feel nuclear power is still the fuel of our future?
I have never, EVER, felt nuclear ANYthing was anything that we should base our future on. I grew up near Rocky Mountain Arsenal and 100 miles north of Cheyenne Mountain. My inlaws lived near Three-Mile Island. I've never felt that nukes are my friends.
4. But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret.
How did you do academically in high school?
I was co-valedictorian.
How come Republican presidents, especially in the last few decades, have been so proud of being stupid, or at least proud of being poor students??
5. Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
How closely have you followed the uprising in Egypt? Thoughts?
Not VERY closely, but enough to feel like I'm holding my breath for things to turn out well for the people there.
Why do the presidents who make the most noise about personal liberty always work the hardest to destroy personal liberties?
6. Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.
Do you feel a political system is worth dying for?
No. My freedom and that of others is worth dying for.
7. Don't be afraid to see what you see.
What do you see that scares you?
My husband's peace of mind in shards around him.
Also, what in the HELL does this quote mean?
8. Each generation goes further than the generation preceding it because it stands on the shoulders of that generation. You will have opportunities beyond anything we've ever known.
Tell us about an advance that you think we will see in our lifetimes that is not in existence.
I would really like a better food-delivery system for the whole world. There is no reason to have people starving to death while others have more food than they (we) know what to do with.
It's great to have opportunities, but criminal not to USE those opportunities to better humankind.
9. Facts are stubborn things.
What is something that most think of as a fact that does not ring true to you?
That the rich earned their money honestly, and should be allowed to keep every red cent for themselves. Really? Why? Because, unless you dug it out of the ground, minted (or printed) it and made the economy run on it all by yourself, you had help.
10. Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
What do you think of politicians that use religion as justification of their beliefs?
I think they should do some time-like a year or two at least--in the inner city washing the feet of the homeless 8 hours a day every day of the week. Or some other example that shows that they are actually LIVING their faith, not TALKING about religion.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

A colleague in my department lurves Reagan. We clash regularly. He is smugger-than-thou. I think your answers are fantastic.

And I bet #4 is to make them seem folksy and like a man of the people. (gag)

Cat. said...

Ooooh, I like "smugger than thou"--am inserting into my vocabulary henceforth! Thanks!

And you're undoubtedly right about #4, but what a comment on our culture. :-(

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.