Friday, February 25, 2011

Rock 'n Roll Fridays

(Link in meme-roll)
Aerosmith

1. Dream On “Every time that I look in the mirror, All these lines in my face getting clearer. The past is gone. It went by like dusk to dawn. Isn’t that the way. Everybody’s got their dues in life to pay.” Do you pay dues or something such as a membership in a union, church, civic group, gang, etc.?
Crap, my gang dues were due yesterday! Damn it all... I, like Groucho, wouldn't care to belong to a club that wanted me as a member, and I'm really unlikely to pay for the privilege to be in a group. I don't even donate to my alma mater, the school my son is most likely attending in the fall. I do tithe at church, however. That's not membership, though, not in my way of thinking.
2. Angel “Without your love, I’m nothing but a beggar. Without your love, a dog without a bone…” What is your favorite dog breed?
I do like labs, and greyhounds. But honestly, at this point, I'm not liable to be fussy. Dogs=good fun but they make me sick.
3. Sweet Emotion “You stand in the front just a shakin your ass. I’ll take you backstage you can drink from my glass…” Have you ever been backstage at a concert to meet the band? If not, what band would you like to meet backstage?
No. And...no. 'Twould ruin the whole thing for me, I think.
4. Walk This Way “So I took a big chance at the high school dance with a missy who was ready to play…” What was the first song you ever danced to at a school dance?
Bud will love this: "Seasons in the Sun"
5. Crazy “You’re packin up your stuff and talkin like it’s tough. And tryin to tell me that it’s time to go, yeah. But I know you ain’t wearin nothing underneath that overcoat. And it’s all a show, yeah.” Ever worn your PJs in public?
Hmm, well, not really. I have taken Sparky to school a couple of times in my PJs, but otherwise, no. On the other hand, the youth mission trips involve wandering around in the 'public' areas of our sleep site in my pajamas to some extent.
6. Cryin “I was cryin when I met you. Now I’m tryin to forget you. Your love is sweet misery.” What is the worst film you went to see in the past 5 years?
I wasn't all that enthralled with Speed Racer, to be honest, but it wasn't horrific. I don't spend money on a movie unless I'm pretty damn sure it's got some redeeming characteristics.
7. Draw The Line “Checkmate honey beat you at your own damn game. No dice honey I’m livin on the astral plane. Feet’s on the ground and your head’s goin down the drain. Oh heads I win tails you lose….” What is your favorite board game?
Life. I have no idea why I love it so much, but I do.
8. Big Ten Inch Record “My girl don’t go for smoking, and liquor just makes her flinch. Seems she’ll go for nuthin, ‘cept for my big ten inch… Record of a band that plays the blues…” What was your favorite record (or CD) when you were 18 years old?
Maybe "Paradise Theater" by Styx, or the soundtrack from "Jesus Christ Superstar"--possibly some Billy Joel. I can't remember, to be honest.
9. Janie’s Got A Gun “It’s Janies last IOU She had to take him down easy and put a bullet in his brain…” What was the last IOU written for that you either gave or received?
I don't do IOUs. Ever. Giving or receiving. There's just no point; I either don't borrow or gift the 'loan.'
10. Jaded “My my baby blue. Yeah I’ve been thinkin bout you. My my baby blue, yeah you’re so jaded. And I’m the one that jaded you.” Are you jaded on a subject or issue?
Politics. And a lot of other things.
11. I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing “I don’t wanna close my eyes. I don’t wanna fall asleep cause I’d miss you baby And I don’t wanna miss a thing….” What was the last event that you missed that you regret?
I can't think of a thing. I tend not to spend time regretting this sort of thing.
12. Rag Doll “Yes I’m movin, I’m really movin. Sloe Gin fizzy, do it til you’re dizzy. Give it all you got until your put out of your misery.” What is the most miserable thing that happened to you recently?
Realizing that I'm working for someone very like PsychoBoss again. Sigh.
13. Love In An Elevator “Love in an elevator, lovin it up when I’m goin down. Love in an elevator. Livin it up when I hit the ground…” What is the most unusual place that you have made love?
Right. Nothing doing. That's a completely different blog from this one.

1 sweet-talkers :

DJ KathyA said...

LOL @ Seasons In The Sun! Sorry to hear abut a psycho boss. I think we have all experienced them. I love Life too...when drunk or stoned, it's a lot of fun putting the pegs in the cars. Have a great weekend Cat!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.