Monday, December 6, 2010

Sunday Stealing (a day late)

(Link in meme-roll)
The Dwight Twilley Meme

1. The latest book or movie that made you cry?
I can't think of any. The book I'm listening to is kinda creepy, but not sad. Haven't seen any sad movies either.
2. The fictional character most like you?
I always wanted to be like Laura Ingalls--it's possible I am to a minor degree. I don't know otherwise. I find myself staring out of the occasional mystery novel as someone the P.I. is interviewing.
3. The greatest album, ever?
Oh, I dunno. I like Joan Osborne's first album. But best of all time? I don't think any one person can decide that for all of us. I suppose most people would say Sgt. Pepper is in the top 10 or so, but it's pretty subjective.
4. Star Trek or Star Wars? Why?
Trek. I'm so freakin' tired of all things Star Wars.
5. Your ideal brain food?
A good night's sleep and plenty of caffeine.
6. Everyone is proud of a certain accomplishment, which one for you??
I'm going to go with having a clean criminal record. I think I watch too much TV and read too many crime novels. Right now, I'm sort of feeling like it's easier to grow a third arm than it is to stay off the radar of the average police force.
7. You want to be remembered for ...?
...being a decent person who could tell a good joke well, and whose house was rarely spotless.
8. Let's talk about recording artists. Who do you find the most inspirational?
Generally U2. How they have managed to stay together (in all senses of that word) for 30 years without any public intra-band drama or paparazzi fodder.
9. The creative masterpiece you wish bore your signature?
I would love to be able to paint or draw. Anything. Well, anything representational.
10. Your hidden talents . . .?
Procrastination, memorization of birthdates, avoiding work in any form, obsessing over random details, and making Thanksgiving dinner.
11. The best piece of advice you actually followed?
"Don't pick up snakes."  I try, anyway. Fewer snakes, at least.
12. The best thing you ever bought, stole, or borrowed?
This house.
13. What is the most comfortable clothes that you wear?
My pajamas, the ones with the green snowmen. I need to replace them, but it's hard to find good ones like these.
14. Your dinner guest at the Ritz would be?
Either Beast or I'd give up my seat and let two homeless people eat for free.
15. Time travel: where, when and why?
Near Norwood, Colorado, 1921, best not to share more details.
16. Stress management: hit man, spa vacation, or Prozac?
Already involved with two of those, basically, and the other option isn't in line with my answer to #6, so I'll go with choice 4: Stoli.
17. Essential to life: coffee, vodka, cigarettes, chocolate, or . . .?
Hugs.
18. Environment of choice: city or country, and where on the map?
Almost-country, but near a decent-sized city. Pretty much where I am now, though warmer would be nice.
19. What do you want to say to the leader of your country?
"STAY THE COURSE!"
20. Last but certainly not least, what are you working on, now?
Getting the tree decorated is on my list. It's up, and lit, but doesn't have any ornaments on it. And I need to find room for all the rest of the crap we have. Shit, just realized that today was my shopping day for Friday night's White Elephant party. I may have to part with my least memory-imbued and most hideous Christmas decoration.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Hugs are essential. I haven't had any good hugs lately.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.