Sunday, December 5, 2010

Saturday 9 (a day late)

(Link in meme-roll)
Hard Habit to Break

1. Do you have any habits or rituals at this time of year?
Well, the tree. The cards and letter. The overeating. The busyness. Trying to fit in the daily advent readings. Desperately looking for appropriate gifts for the people (person) I've forgotten.
2. Polar bears seem to do well in the snow... How about you? Is snow just another thing you deal with when it shows up, or is it shutdown time? ...and if you're posting from a non-snowy locale, do you make trips to actually see snow? It's okay to admit it...
I deal with it all right, having lived with it for my entire life. Nowadays, if there is a lot of it, I stay home from work (I live 5 miles out of town). We lose our power semi-regularly too, and I factor that into my decision as well.
3. Tell about a toy you remember from your childhood.
The one Christmas toy I remember is the Barbie Dream House and lots of accoutrements. Oh, man, that was an AWESOME Christmas.
4. If you could make one thing in the world absolutely free for everyone, what would it be?
Food and water enough to live on without having to sell your soul.
5. Do you live close to your immediate family members? If not, how far away are they?
I live about 50 miles from one niece and nephew, and about 30 miles from two other nephews. That suits me just fine, although in truth at least one of those relatives is about 80 miles too close.
6. My mom ordered a turkey dinner from a local market. it was o.k., but not very good. how was your turkey (or last holiday meal) this year?
Our turkey was stupendous in both size and flavor. I swear by fresh, non-frozen birds. I recommend finding a butcher shop and check it out.
7. In a one horse open sleigh: Have you ever been on a sleigh ride or a carriage ride? Do you even like horses? Or would you just rather travel by your own two feet?
Yes. Both. We can do (free + tip) carriage rides in town every weekend this time of year, though we haven't done so in years. I love horses, though the feeling is a late acquisition.
8. What is your favorite Christmas song? ...and sung or played by whom? You know, the one you tend to listen for on the radio or hit 'repeat' on the player...
I love Stevie Nicks' version of Silent Night, and We Three Kings by Patti Smith.
9. What is your least favorite Christmas song? ...and sung or played by whom? You know, the one you tend to skip on the player...
I could go a long time without hearing Feliz Navidad (though I used to love it) or 12 Days of Christmas.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.