Saturday, December 25, 2010

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday 6

1. Did you put up a Christmas tree in your home this year?
You betcha! It's been up for about two weeks. Theoretically, it'll come down next weekend. We'll see how that works out.
2. Do you prefer real or synthetic trees for Christmas decorating?
We use a fake tree because the trees we used to cut down always made December an allergy nightmare for me. Not sure it would still be a problem, but wevs: we have the fake tree now.
3. When you drive through neighborhoods, what do you like most about other people’s Christmas decorations?
I like the lights on the eaves to be totally straight and even, and I like if the tree is in the window where I can see it. If you're going to do tree lights, do 'em nice, or skip it. And those inflatable things? I'm not a fan, at all. Also, no kneeling Santas next to mangers, ok? Metaphors shouldn't be mixed.
4. How much do you pay attention to messages on Christmas decorations in stores where you shop?
Not at all. No, I seriously don't. I don't even really hear the Christmas music under the best circumstances. Shopping for me is a pretty cut-and-dried, get-in-and-get-out kind of situation.
5. One of your favorite stores puts up Christmas decorations, but the text only says, “Happy Holidays.” Are you likely to complain or stop shopping there?
Neither. Please. First of all, I'm unlikely to even NOTICE what the sign says. Second, GIANT eyeroll on this question. What do people thing the "holi-" part of that means? And, do people really NOT GET that there ARE other holidays this month aside from Christmas? This whole thing is just so freakin' annoying to me as a Christian. Easter is the Big Day; Christmas is a made-up holiday to get the pagans on board 1500 years ago. Perspective, people!!
6. What store gift card are you most likely to give when you need a gift for someone and can’t think of a specific item?
Depending on who it is, WalMart or Amazon. If it's one of my snobby, elite-ish friends, they'll get Amazon. Otherwise, WalMart FTW!!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.