Sunday, December 12, 2010

Books Books Books

(Boosted from Kwizgiver)

Hardcover or paperback, and why? I like hardcovers because I can lay them flat with a weight and read them while doing other things; it doesn't work as well with paperbacks. On the other hand, I like paperbacks for travel.

My favorite quote from a book is... "What it begins with, I know finally, is the kernel of meanness in people's hearts. I don't know exactly how or why it gets inside us; that's one of the mysteries I haven't solved yet." (The Book of Ruth, Jane Hamilton)

The author (alive or dead) I would love to have lunch with would be... Stephen King.

The smell of an old book reminds me of... age, knowledge, and mold.

If I could be the lead character in a book, it would be... Jo from Little Women, or Laura from the Little House books.

The most overestimated book of all time is... The Old Man & the Sea. WTF, man, WTF.

I hate it when a book... doesn't go anywhere, doesn't transport me, doesn't have a point, in short.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I actually laughed out loud at your Old Man And The Sea answer. I concur.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.