Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness

(Link in meme-roll)
Dolly Parton

1. "I hated school. Even to this day, when I see a school bus it's just depressing to me. The poor little kids."
What was your worst year in school? Why?
I don't remember having a whole bad year, though 6th grade wasn't my favorite. All my friends had moved up to junior high because I'd been bumped ahead for all of elementary school.
2. "I still close my eyes and go home - I can always draw from that."
Tell us about YOUR home.
Wherever I lay my hat... [pace Marvin Gaye and Paul Young]
3. "I'm not going to limit myself just because people won't accept the fact that I can do something else."
What have you been told that you couldn’t do, but proved them wrong?
I've been told I can't do so many impossible things it's pretty much second nature for me to just do them to prove I can. Besides, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast! [name that book!!]
4. "I'm old enough and cranky enough now that if someone tried to tell me what to do, I'd tell them where to put it."
What was the last incident where you were told what to do and were insulted?
Being told to turn the volume down in my noise-suppressing headphones at work by my boss. Long story, which I need to fill her in on, but this pissed me the heck off a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't even that the volume was that high, but her reason for turning it down? "Something could happen and you won't know someone is behind you." Ah-rooo? In the workroom of the library? I think I'd know if "something happened"--the volume was NOT that loud.
5. "If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one."
Have you ever reinvented yourself? How?
When I started college, I was a whole new person: no family within 50 miles. W00t!
6. "If you talk bad about country music, it's like saying bad things about my momma. Thems fightin' words."
Is there a type of music that you hate?
Not a huge fan of the twangiest of country music, the screamiest of opera, and the misogynist-est of rap.
7. "It's a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I'd be a drag queen."
Have you ever crossed dressed for Halloween or just for the hell of it?
Yup. Not such a big deal when you're a girl dressing as a guy, is it?
8. "My weaknesses have always been food and men - in that order."
What are your weaknesses?
Food and reading, and games.
9. "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
Tell us about something that you did that required patience, but was worth it.
My offspring.
10. "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
When was the last time you made a major change in your life?
Probably when we moved to this house 7 years go this month. Another big change is coming up next fall when Sparky heads to college.
I adore Dolly, by the way. She is simply da bomb.

3 sweet-talkers :

DJ KathyA said...

Totally agree on the music hates. : ) That's cool about your 6 impossible things before breakfast. ;-) Have a great week!

Kwizgiver said...

I think #3 is from a book that's been made into a movie... but I can't remember which one.

Cat. said...

It's been made into a movie more than once, but sort of recently. "Sort of" because it wasn't exactly a faithful translation to film.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.