Monday, November 15, 2010

The Queen's Meme

(Link in meme-roll)
[60th edition]
... imagine you're 60 even if you're not ...

1. When I'm 60 I hope to know more about being patient and less about taking on problems that aren't mind to solve.

2. At my 60th birthday party, I can only invite 3 people. They are.... Beast, Sparky, and Sparky's S.O.

3. "To me old age is always fifteen years older than I am" said Bernard Baruch.
What do you consider old age?
Huh. When I was 28, it was 70. I think I'm upping it to 75 at this point.
4. Tom Stoppard was overheard saying, "Age is a high price to pay for maturity."
What does "maturity" mean to you at any age?
Being responsible and accountable for your own actions and trying not to dwell on the "shoulds." I'm still working on that, but I'm a helluva lot better than I was 25 years ago.
5. Joan Rivers said "Looking fifty is great… if you're sixty."
Do you worry about age lines and wrinkles?
Nope. I earned 'em all.
How do you plan to preserve your wonderful selves?
I don't. I don't want to be "preserved" {{shudder}} except in photos.
6. Comment on this quote by Euripides:
"If we could be twice young and twice old we could correct all our mistakes."
Yeah, but what fun would that be? Half the fun in life is living through our mistakes, and remembering them.
7. Pablo Picasso said, "One starts to get young at the age of sixty and then it's too late."
What do you do now to stay young and enjoy your life?
I laugh as much as I can. And I try to stay away from people who drain the joy from my soul.

3 sweet-talkers :

Durward Discussion said...

All of those are great answers. Humor leads to wisdom and learning to laugh at the vagaries of life make it much easier.

Xmichra said...

I really liked your last answer. Spot on.

Anonymous said...

number 1 and number 7....Bravo!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.