Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness

(Link in meme-roll)
Stephen King

1. “I tend to scare myself…”
When was the last time you scared yourself?
I'm not as attentive to driving as I should be sometimes, and I can catch myself in the midst of doing something really stupid every once in awhile. Otherwise, I can't think of anything I've scared myself about. I'm inured to a lot of anxiety-producers at this point.
2. “Time heals all wounds…”
What was the longest it took you to recover from an illness, injury or surgery?
When I was about 10, I got 'walking pneumonia' and that seemed to last for-bloody-ever! I was on some serious wack-a-doodle drugs, too, so the whole experience was just odd.
3. “Your first impulse is to share good news. Your second is to club someone over the head with it…”
What was the last good news you had to share?
Sparky's ACT score was unbelievable. The results of that score are going to show up in the amount of scholarship money that's going to be available next spring. Hurrah.
4. “When it comes to the past, we all stack the deck…”
Is there something in your past you speak highly of that was not so great while you were going through it?
The moments in while I've learned the most have usually been the most painful, so I have a lot of these times.
5. “Do you drink? Of course! I just said I was a writer!..”
What do you need to drink to do?
Not kill stupid people. Having said that, I do not drink every day.
6. “If you liked being a teenager, then there’s something really wrong with you…”
What did you like about being a teenager?
At the time? I agree with King: not a hell of a lot. Looking back, I would love to have the freedom and health now that I had then.
7. “Nobody likes a clown at midnight…”
What do you like at midnight?
Sleep. Deep, uncomplicated sleep.
8. “It is the tale, not he who told it…”
Who is your favorite teller of tales or jokes?
I kinda like King, to be honest--his columns in "Entertainment Weekly" are usually really good. I have several other authors I like, and a few comedians, but George Carlin was tops. Sigh.
9. “The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool…”
Were you ever conned or fooled into a scam?
I have an older brother; do I really have to say more??
10. “If fear cannot be articulated, then it can’t be conquered…”
What do you fear?
Being found out. That's as articulated as I can get.

3 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

I know what you mean about the driving thing.

Have a great Wednesday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/what-do-you-like-at-midnight/

Bubba said...

Hooray for #7! I'm glad so many people agree with me about sleeping at midnight.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You will never be found out. You are WAY too smart...

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.