Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
I'm So Proud

1. What are you proud of?
My son, my husband, the work I do, even myself sometimes.
2. What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize? How did you win it?
The only thing I've ever won, that I remember, is a Thanksgiving turkey when I was about 13. It was sheer luck; I don't even remember entering the contest.
3. Tell us about something you've done that in retrospect was a waste of time.
There are some people that I should have been much more forthright with from the git-go.
4. How old were you when life changed the most for you? How did it change?
It just keeps happening. It changed when my brother went to college, when I was 8. It changed when I decided to go to college 1000 miles away from my parents. It changed when I met Beast (though I barely noticed). It changed when my dad died.... In fact, the rate of change seems to be increasing, which I'm not thrilled with.
5. Tell us about a place you that you've been that you considered to be very tranquil.
Moosehead Lake, Maine, is absolutely the quietest place ever. I miss it.
6. Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?
I don't watch the news, because they never tell me anything I want to hear or care about. Except the weather. And emergencies.
7. If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it? Why?
I would love to rename the town in which I live, though my choice for a name would definitely be considered insulting by all, but at least it would be an HONEST-TO-GOD full-fledged community at least.
8. What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?
Why are we so much meaner to people we are close to than strangers?
9. When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?
I move to a different venue and read or do crosswords for as long as it takes.

1 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Crosswords? I figured you'd read old Lola Saturday 8 memes. Go figure! ;)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.