Saturday, October 23, 2010

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday 6

1. Who was most likely to have told you stories when you were a child?
I had four older siblings and two parents. I heard stories ALL my life. However, when it comes to books, there were lots of those as well. The quantity award goes to Dad who read to me every night, lying on the floor with his head against the couch so I could comb and style his rapid-thinning hair. The quality award goes to Jean who read "above my reading level" including Winnie-the-Pooh and Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang.
2. Did the stories more often come from a book or were they just told from memory?
Oops, pays to read ahead, doesn't it? ...sorry. I had both. I remember the book-stories more, I think, though because as a kid the family stuff was just boring to me.
3. What book did you most enjoy being read from as a child?
All of them. I really wasn't fussy about books, don't remember EVER turning one down.
4. What specific story did you most enjoy hearing?
I have clear memories of "The Little House" (Virginia Burton) and "Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang (Ian Fleming).
5. Take the quiz: Which Winnie the Pooh Character Are You?
OWL!
The wise sage of the Hundred Acre Wood (or wherever you happen to live). You like to talk and read, and people probably come to you looking for advice. You always help them out.
OK, so that's a huge surprise, isn't it?
6. If you were babysitting a child who asked you to tell a story, which one would you most likely tell?
I would allow them to choose their favorite book, or tell them a made-up story of my own depending on the child in question.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.