Friday, October 1, 2010

Rock 'n Roll Fridays

(Link in meme-roll)
Smashing Pumpkins

1. 1979 “Shakedown 1979, Cool kids never have the time. On a live wire right up off the street, You and I should meet.” Where were you in 1979?
I was finishing junior high and going into high school (depending on what part of the year). I don't remember anything specific besides that, and prepping for the Tournament of Roses Parade: endless marching....
2. BELIEVE “And if they steal your life, your heart is still mine. Your song, you sing, a truth, there’s no other. I want to believe in you dear.” What song do you love to sing along with?
If I know the lyrics, I'm usually singing along, at least in my head. Was just singing along with Michael Jackson's "Heal the World" on Starz, in fact.
3. BULLIT WITH BUTTERFLY WINGS “Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage. Someone will say what is lost can never be saved. Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage.” When was the last time you felt like a rat in a cage?
Most of this week at work. I just could not cut a break at the beginning of the week, but today flowed much more calmly. At last!!
4. CHRISTMASTIME “I remember dreaming, Wishing, Hoping, Praying for this day. Now I sit and watch them, the little ones I love.” What day are you dreaming, wishing, hoping, praying for?
The day my son realizes how really awesome he is.
5. DISARM “I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes. And what I choose is my voice. What’s a boy supposed to do?” What did you bring to SHOW n TELL as a child to school?
I don't remember ever doing this in school. I think my school was too 'progressive' for that sort of thing.
6. THIRTY THREE “Supper’s waiting on the table. Tomorrow’s just an excuse away. So I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own. The Earth laughs beneath my heavy feet.” When and where do you generally eat supper?
At some point between 5 and 7, and either in front of the TV or out somewhere. I'm a terrible mom....
7. TODAY “To cleanse these regrets, my angel wings were bruised and restrained. My belly stings." When was the last time your belly “stung”?
I don't even know what this lyric means (or, to be honest, most of the rest of them--Billy, stop being cute and just say something coherent, eh?). I've had a stomach-ache off and on all week. I don't think my belly has ever stung.
8. TONIGHT TONIGHT “Time is never time at all, you can never ever leave, without leaving a piece of youth. And our lives are forever changed. We will never be the same. The more you change the less you feel.” Despite the number, what age do you think you really are?
Tonight, I feel every second of my 46.9 years. Normally, I'd clock myself in my late 30s at most.
9. APPELS AND ORANJES “What if the sun refused to shine? What if the clouds refused to rain? What if the wind refused to blow? What if the seas refused to wave? What if the world refused it’s turn?” Do you believe the 2012 catastrophe will happen? If so, how are you preparing for it?
No. Bogus. I've been a cynic since "The Late Great Planet Earth" bullshit failed to happen.
10. CHERRY “Stay with me, I’ll set you free. ‘Cause I can tell you once were pretty. Rose, so sad you’ve lost your petals. Lost the luster off your tattle tales.” What celebrity has not aged well?
Most of them. High on my list is Steven Tyler, however.
11. CRESTFALLEN “Who am I to you? Along the way, I lost my faith. And as you were, you’ll be again. To mold like clay, to break like dirt. To tear me up in your sympathy.” What was the last thing you made out of dirt or clay?
A mess. I don't really play in the dirt much anymore, much to my regret.
12. EYE “Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Turn to the gates of heaven, to myself be damned. Turn away from eye, it’s not enough, just a touch.” How do you find peace?
Getting outside myself helps a lot, as does sleep.
13. MA BELLE “You must hold your truce alone. To make love happen, the moon must send you home. There’s no place that I’d rather be.” When was the last time you walked in the moonlight?
I don't remember. Maybe last Saturday on the way to the car from the restaurant?

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.