Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness

(Link in meme-roll)
Each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Today we picked William Shatner. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. “Captain Kirk has been a source of pleasure and income a long time now.” Who is your favorite Star Trek character of all time including all the shows and movies? Why?
I absolutely adore Jean-Luc Picard. For myriad reasons, not least because he was truly middle-aged at the beginning of the series.
2. “But if you want to know the truth, the weirdest thing that has happened has been my discovery that people who attend conventions are filled with love.” What was the last public gathering that you attended where you "felt the love"?
My sister's funeral, I guess.
3. “How do I stay so healthy and boyishly handsome? It’s simple. I drink the blood of young runaways.” What do you do to stay youthful?
I don't. Today I feel decrepit and exhausted. (Generally, I find that being around young people helps me stay young.)
4. “I think acting satisfies the need and desire for approval.” What in life gives you a feeling of approval?
Being good at what I do at work, and doing my best job in everything at work and home. And also recognizing the limitations and not beating myself up if I simply can't take the time to do everything perfectly.
5. “No I don’t regret anything at this point. That may change on the next phone call, but at the moment I don’t regret anything.” What is a decision that you have made that others thought you’d regret, but you haven’t?
I don't know of anything that other people thought I'd regret. You'd probably be better off asking them than me. There's always the old standby, though: getting married right out of college. That seems to have worked out so far, though it's a bit chilly in the house tonight.
6. “If you make a fool of yourself, you can do it with dignity, without taking your pants down. And if you do take your pants down, you can still do it with dignity.” When did you last get asked when you made a fool of yourself? (Extra points if you guess the correct meme.)
Actually, just before starting this meme, I responded to a friend's Fb update--"yes, I just saw what you did! yes, you looked like a fool too!" The whole serendipity thing has me kinda freaked out. I don't know what meme; this one? [My response to that status, FWIW, was "What else is new? I mean really, it's not that unusual to catch me looking like a fool. :-)"
7. “One of the advantages of being a captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it.” What is the best advice that you’ve ignored?
90% of the things I've been told about parenting has been bullshit.
8. “I’ve never had green alien sex, although I’m sure it will be quite an evening!” What did you do the last time that you had “quite an evening”?
It did not involve green alien sex, that's for sure! About an hour ago, we were watching a car creep up and down our street, Beast on the phone with the sheriff's department. That's what constitutes "quite an evening" around here.
9. “Don’t just shove food into your mouth. Taste the flavor exploding in your mouth. Appreciate the texture. Honor your food with the time you take.” Describe your perfect meal.
Cooked by someone other than myself, and surrounded with people who love each other (and me).
10. “For commercial reasons, we stayed away from advancing the theory of God.” Are there topics that you stay away from on your blog to remain non-controversial?
Heh. Nope. I think that has been made abundantly clear. There are, however, subjects I stay away from on other people's blogs, to be polite.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.